Jason has been in Mexico with the youth for the last week. This is the first time we've been apart since being married. There are a few things I have learned about myself and our life together while he's been gone. So...here's the 10 things I've learned....
10. The Office is about 16 x's funnier with someone there with you to watch it.
9. I am completely content eating oatmeal, cereal, or grilled cheese for dinner every night (I <3 to cook but it's just not as fun when it's a meal for one!).
8. Some how Jason and I together produce 4 x's the quantity of laundry then when I'm by myself. I just don't get how that's possible...we're adding only ONE more person to the picture. hmmm.
7. I talk to myself...a lot.
6. I have trouble sleeping with out him and yet thoroughly enjoy the full rein of the bed.
5. Friday date night is totally lame without a date! Although I got to choose what the movie was with no one saying, "Ug, not a giiiiiirl movie!"
4. I enjoy pushing the snooze button about 3 times because there's not a soul around to think about how lazy I am.
3. I am totally not a huggy person and yet I really REALLY missed his hugs. They're just so cozy and nice.
2. Jason is such a disciplined person and he adds a ton of structure to my life...i.e. earlier bedtimes, balanced meals, etc :). In the end...it's a better life style! hehe
1. Life is so much sweeter with my main squeeze by my side. I'm incredibly independent (often to a fault) and I enjoy my alone time but all in all...life's so much bettah with the huz! <3
Yay! He's home!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Well, some of you may know that Jason has been applying to a bunch of grad schools. It was quite the process. Literally the day we returned from Chile (practically) Jason started studying for the GRE. He studied for about a month and took the test. He then applied to 3 grad schools...and was excepted to well, all of them. haha. The choice came down to Arizona or San Francisco. So after much deliberation and thought I think it looks like good ole'...
We are moving.
To another city in California.
And we are about 10 times more nervous about it then we were when we moved to Chile.
Another country in the WORLD. Go figure.
So, there you have it. I am applying to jobs like mad. And we are looking for an abode. And this is all supposed to happen by oh, mid August at the latest. If you think about it you can certainly pray for us. We are in need of the Lord and in need of His provisions! It's hard to pick up and go...especially when there isn't necessarily a job and everything set up before you. Yet, there are so many things that have brought up to this point and it very much seems like this is where the Lord wants us. Also, if any of you are from that general SF area or know of any great evangelical churches we would love to know about them.
So, there you have it folks. It looks like we're trucking it up north. Time for the next adventure! Time for some more edu-ma-cation and time for me to find a job that pays a tad more than I'm currently making! :) I'm going to be the sole bread winner ya know! Well, for a little while at least.
Oh, and Jason will be receiving a Master's in Teaching English as a Second Language...did I mention that before? Probably.
AND...I really want to go to this place...
It's in SF and supposedly it's to DIE FOR good...as in wake up before it's open on Saturday and stand in line for hours with a bunch of food crazy peeps...sounds like my kind of thing. Can't wait!