Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Been a While, eh?

Well, it's been a little while since my last post. We are busy peeps lately...which certainly isn't a bad thing. Between that and having NO Internet at our house...there just hasn't been much bloggin! Apparently our house that we are renting comes with Internet...sort of. It's actually the Internet of the lady that lives in the other part of the house but we are free to "hack" into her wireless whenever we want. Well, she has a code that is locking her wireless. haha. And she has no idea what it is. That would mean we would have to call the wireless company and blah blah blah. Not worth it. Originally Jason and I were planning on not having Internet in our house. We both feel that for the most part Internet is a big fat waste of time. haha. I mean, believe me, we really love internet. But...we don't have self-control and thus, waste a lot of time on the web. Between that and the trash that's everywhere...pop-ups, side bar ads, etc. that's not good for the man trying to stay pure...it's just no bueno.

So, we are rolling with it. We both have wireless laptops and have been going on some Saturdays to the coffee shop to use their wireless and grab a cup of joe. So fun! Internet is such a TREAT when you don't have it at your fingertips! So, that's that!

Anyways...

Life is good. Jason has been at MB High school for about two weeks...minus the PAID holiday he enjoyed on Monday. How nice is that!?! I'm working away at my job and doing the commute thing. I think that I'm going to try out the RTA bus route. The local buses that go into SLO are super affordable. I think I'm also going to start cycling into SLO on Mon. and Wed. mornings since I don't have to be to work till 9am. I can take the bus home then and stick my bike on the rack! I just haven't been able to get the exercise in that I want. It's driving me nuts. There are some days that I go to work with no daylight and come home with no daylight. It's definitely not an "exercise friendly" schedule. So, might as well incorporate the exercise into getting to work. haha. Jason and his dad, when they worked together at the MB powerplant, used to ride to and from work on some days. So, it's my turn to give it a whirl! :)

Other than that...not much is happening. Jason just turned in his third application for his masters degree. (One more to go!) Crazy stuff. I'm starting to think that the most stressful part of getting your masters degree is turning in the applications. haha. Gosh. Some of the things that they ask for are crazy. Gathering it all together and getting it out on time is definitely a little nuts...granted we didn't have much time since we arrived from Chile a little late in the game. What can you do?!?

Welp, that's all for now. Time for me to go look up some recipes and find out when low tide is in MDO. We want to go play in the tide pools! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment