Thursday, August 12, 2010

Road Mysteries and Such

Hello all,

Well, I'm actually writing a post...and not a title. nice. Anyways, things are good here. I've been at my job now for about 2 weeks. There was a bit of an adjustment period but overall I really like it. The commute is about the same as the one from Morro Bay to SLO. Although, on the way home it takes longer...more people on the road for some reason. You would think that those same people would be GOING to work also in the morning but apparently not. One of those mysteries.

Speaking of mysteries. Have you ever been driving on the freeway and looked to see a dead ground squirrel. The one's that really get me thinking are the one's that don't look flattened by car wheels and are on the SIDE of the freeway...not in the middle of the lane. I've noticed this down south on Highway 1 also. I'm just trying to figure out how this works. It wasn't' killed by a tire...and if it was, how in the world did it get to the side of the road? Did some one stop and drag it to the side after they hit it? Did some one see it start to cross the road and then swerve and yell out, "Squirel! 10pts!" in order to hit. All of these things make no sense since the squirrel isn't FLAT! It literally looks like it stepped out onto the asphalt and had a heart attack right there. Maybe it was the heat of the road???? Ok, so this is what I think about on my commutes. :)

Our house is great. A bit small and so it's taking some creativity and a few trips to IKEA to figure out how to arrange everything. All in all it's good. What's not so good is the weather where we live. Not a sunny day yet. As in...the sun hasn't even APPEARED! Pure and solid fog. With bouts of mist. Blak. Apparently we live in a little micro climate because last Sat. we took the muni to the downtown area where we took part in what will now be a weekend ritual...Blue Bottle Coffee. To. Die. For. Yummmm. Anyways it was sunny there while it was cloudy where we lived. Oh well.

We also got to see a free ballet down the road from our house. Awesome. I love how big cities have so much to offer culturally. Super fun. I REALLY want to see an Opera though. Can't wait for that season to come around.

Anyways, that's all for now. Hope all is well with ya! :)

3 comments:

  1. 3 Cheers for Blue Bottle Coffee! When do you have a night open? Brendan and I will come take you to our fave SF restaurant! You aren't opposed to Garlic are you? Also...you. me. blue bottle coffee date! Oh and we should also take the ferry over to Tiburon and eat breakfast at my new favorite place and then go shopping at all the cute little shops. Oh and finally, next time Ikea is calling your name call me! I wanna repeat of our last trip to Ikea. Except this time I'll leave the crutches at home. That was tiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. I totally remember that! You were on crutches. Good times...well, not so much for you. Um and YES we would love to have a night out on the town with you folks. WE L.O.V.E garlic so that def. is in not an issue.

    Oooh, there's a ferry? See, there are all these cool things to do and we're totally naive of all of it. Yay for new adventures. So, yes, yes...let us do it all. As for a free evening. Prob. some time next week...or next weekend (like the one after this one). Jas starts school on the 24th. So...before then would be bettah

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay then you're gonna love this restaurant!! Its called The Stinking Rose and it is garlic everything. Its freaking delicious. Yeah, I actually haven't been on the ferry because you actually can drive there, but I always thought the ferry would be so much fun! We'll have to see how much it costs. I talk to Brendan about next week! I think that weekend on Friday or Saturday works well for us. I'll let you know!!

    ReplyDelete