Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Week in Photos

THE CAKE...So for those of you who don't know my grandparents just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I wasn't able to make it to the party and so as a "gift" I made them an anniversary cake. Grandma wanted to have it look just like a little wedding cake. So, I went to work. I had so much fun! It wasn't perfect by any means but it was worlds better than the last one. Can't wait for cake #3! :) The cake is a white fondant cake with white buttercream piping here and there!
Putting a few finishing touches on it...the thing took WAaaaaAy longer than I thought it would. So fun though and totally worth it!
TADA! All finished. It turned out the most stressful part of the whole thing was transporting it the next day. ugh. My truck has no AC and so I was terrified that it was just going to melt into a puddle once I got into Atascadero. It didn't. hehe
SF FOOD FESTIVAL...We went last weekend and it was great fun. We ate Malaysian food (including rose milk) and Chilean empanadas. We also found Tartine! The bakery I have been raving out and it was as AMAZING as I thought it would be! Yum.

There were so many people! Seriously we had to wait in line forever and a day...only to find out that they were out of empanadas and we had to wait an EXTRA 20 min for them to make more. They were worth it though for sure...
Yum. Ok, got to go! The library is closing and it's time for me to check out my 12 cookbooks! hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment