Monday, December 14, 2009

"I promise I reallllllly NEED that!"...

So, we are back. Obviously. With this has come some interesting revelations. First, I want a lot of things. yep. A LOT! While in Chile I was rather content. There were no good stores to tempt us into shopping or buying things so eventually the desire FOR things went away. I was asked for Christmas ideas while in Chile from family and Jason and I couldn't really think of much. I knew I NEEDED clothes because washing them by hand and hang drying them in the intense sun kind of disintegrated them. We couldn't get past what we just plain needed though. So, my list was a "need list" more or less.

Well folks, my have the tides changed. Man, I went into the craft store and I feel like my head might explode with all of the ideas I have in my mind. One thing about living in another culture is that you experience a lot of new "inspirations" that are way different from the fashions and trends in the U.S. All I have to say is that its probably good that we don't have real jobs yet. It's extremely hard to justify to yourself (or better yet, to your husband) money spent when there is no regular income coming in to replace it! haha.

Also...I really want a black puffy vest. The one at Gap was particularly snazzy!

4 comments:

  1. Yup, being without a job has taken me out of "stimulating the economy". I have about $12 in my SLO account. Once I get a job, I'll be able to start spending again. But I will definitely be a better steward. Welcome home, you two. Hope to see you when we come up that way sometime. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am done with ALL of my Christmas shopping. Hurray! I even have half of the wrapping done and Wayne has promised to wrap the rest. We have two parties to attend Fri and Sat with no presents required (my favorite). So alls I have to do now is relax and enjoy the season. I am looking forward to Cowboy cooking on Christmas Eve morning. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, I can really relate to that. I have a running tally of things I really need (or at least think I do). A black vest you say, Hmmmmm maybe if it was at Ross-Dress-For-Less instead of at The Gap Ha Ha. Just think of it this way, like I try to, (but not always successfully) the search for things is actually the funnest part of getting things. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Well said Dad! I think my problem is when things are on sale! I think, "Wow, look how much I am saving!" Well, the truth is if I didn't buy it in the FIRST place I would be saving WAY more money. haha. Oh well!

    And mom, YES, I'm so excited for Christmas Creston style! Every time I explain to people what we are doing for Christmas Eve it makes me more and more excited! Oooh! I TOO am finished with wrapping presents! I wrapped them last night. Well, I may have a couple more left but most of them are done. We don't have nearly as much to do though as you guys I'm sure!

    So, yay for Christmas and relaxation! :)

    ReplyDelete