Saturday, April 3, 2010

Me Gusta mis Zapatos Nuevos!

Yesterday I bought these...because I am running THIS run...


with THIS person...

MY PA! :) Sssh, don't tell him but I'm planning on CREAMIN' him! :) I think he'll leave the guns behind though.

Anyways, we're running the 25k which is about 15.5 miles. It's in about 4 months. I kind of wanted to do the 50 k but my dad said..."that's just not healthy." haha. Yeah, 30 miles is a bit much. I'm thinking too that it's just going to be two loops of the 25k and so it may get a little...boring. Also there's the small fact that I probably couldn't actually COMPLETE a run that long! :) 15.5 miles in Montana de Oro is going to be a lot tougher than 15.5 miles on road. I've rode those trails back there and there are some pretty steep places.
As for the shoes...

So, I am an AVID Asics user. I have some-what narrow feet so for the most part NB's don't work, they are too wide. Nike's are ok but I feel like the sole doesn't last as long. So, I wear Asics. They are great. Recently I have discovered Mizuno. These are also really REALLY nice shoes. I love the support they give, the flexibility and the rigidness...all in a nice neat package. So, as for road shoes I choose those two brands (usually Asics though since on average Mizunos seem to be about $90 where are Asics seem to be about $75.)

Recently though I have moved away from road running and have been trail running. It's better for your joints, it's beautiful, and it's a tad more challenging. When I took up mountain biking I basically abandoned running because it fulfilled those reasons just listed. Well, since mountain biking is out of the picture I've turned to trail running and just LOVE it.

I was looking for a pair of shoes that would work more for trails (my running shoes are about toast). I wanted it to be stiffer. I tried lots of shoes and honestly some of them were so stiff that it felt like I had tied a set of bricks to my feet. So, I ventured out to Salomon which is a great outdoor brand. The best part are the cinches for laces. No more untied shoes while running! :) Honestly these are possibly the most comfy shoes I've ever had and they were worth every penny!

So, in a few months I'll be running that race above. I'm really excited. If I can do that I'd like to do a marathon...but a trail marathon. There is a great one in the Redwoods...we'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment