Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Life Lately...Uncensored! :)

Ok, so uncensored makes it feel a little scandalous. Really though, all I meant is that the pictures I am about to post are all me. Not edited even slightly. It's so easy to make photography look good with programs like Picnik but...that takes time. Of which I have very little of now. So, here are some pictures of our life in all of my horrible picture taking glory. (Seriously, I am a REALLY bad picture taker. I'm the notorious "blurry picture" girl. I can't just push the button. I have to move the whole camera when I do it. Nice. Oh well.)

Ok, so here are a couple of views from our lovely abode in MB. Loving the GREEN hills. This is our back view.
The picture below is a view from another direction, from our balcony actually. We also get a sweet view of some power lines and a weird hotel. hehe. Can't get it all eh?

The picture below is another little view and this is where I look to tell what the surf looks like! SO NICE! In SLO you had to drive to really know. Here, I look out my window. haha.

The picture below is some evidence of our more whole foods diet that we are on....
And here is some MORE evidence of our whole food diet...chocolate's a whole food right? :) (Note: These were the most chocolatey and yummy cookies. They were crisp on the outside and soft and yummy on the inside.)
And HERE is Jason's birthday cake. It was my first go at fondant. The fondant was smooth and cool to use. The recipe was REALLY easy too. The fish I molded from marzipan. My actual cake part was a bit lumpy...so, the fondant didn't lay as smooth as I wanted. REALLY cool to use though! So fun. And it actually DID taste good. Jason loved it. He actually peeled it off just to eat it!

And this is a close up of "Franky"...the fish. I named him. So, it was supposed to be a "fishing cake" but that just got to be too complex so it was a "fish cake" instead. Anyways, can't wait to make my next one.
And now I'm done! The End.

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed the B-day party Anna. Love you guys lots, Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnnA! How do you know how to do that?? I want to learn... I want to make Bella's next cake... I chickened out on her 1st birthday one. Ummm... I really want to be your friend. Like, I want to live close to you and glean wisdom and encouragement in your whole food ways, cake making skills, and I want to share your yard. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete