Friday, July 16, 2010

Some thoughts on Northward Moving...

I seriously can not figure out how in tarnations (how do you spell that?) it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. Crazy beans. Where are the days going? Oh wait. Maybe between driving up to SF for interviews (what feels like every other day) and looking for a house (what feels like every waking second of my day), time has just escaped me.

So, this is going to be short but sweet.

We are out of our current, fantastic, lovely, and beautiful house on the 31st. The goal is to find a job and a house in SF by then.

We could use prayer. Prayer for patience, contentment, faith, love for one another, and just...just trusting in our Lord that He will provide all that we need in His good timing. It's hard not to dwell continually on looking for jobs and housing. Sometimes though, I just need to stop. Stop searching, stop thinking, stop hunting, applying, looking at Craigslist. I need to stop, and just meditate on our Lord. We need to trust and allow His peace to come over us.

Honestly, we are really nervous to move up to SF. You all who know us are probably totally aware of the fact that we are in no way big city peeps. We would choose open space over a bustling city any day. Yet, it SEEMS this is where the Lord is taking us...

So, tomorrow. Tomorrow I vow to not hunt for housing, not dwell on upcoming interviews, and not stress about what's to come. Tomorrow I take a break. Tomorrow I will pray more than I worry and praise more than I stress.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Anna-
    I hope that you are enjoying a stress and worry-free Sunday. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definately got the right idea on taking a break once in a while. It may take longer than you want and be harder than you expected, but eventually it will all work out.

    Your Dad always say "If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing." or "If it's not a challenge, where's the fun in that?" Or something like that. He's better at dealing with stress than I am any way.

    Hope your able to stay focused and not loose heart during your search. Just rewmember in every "No" there is a promise from God of "I have something better for you (eternaly better anyway)."

    ReplyDelete