Monday, July 5, 2010

Interview Madness!

Oh my gosh, that's right I DO have a blog. Shoot dang, I totally forgot! :)

Anywho, I have been interviewing. Up in 'Frisco. :) hehe. I really don't like it when people call San Francisco, "Frisco". I have no idea why. It just sounds dorky. Do people from SF actually call it "Frisco"? I would imagine not. Who knows.

Anyways, the first interview was up on the Embarcadero at an optometry office. It went well but I really felt like the doctor needed someone with more experience as an optician. (*Note: There are three "opto titles". Opthamology deals with the health of your eyes and eye surgery. Optometry deals with the health of your eyes but more the prescription and vision portions of your eyes. An Optician is someone who adjusts glasses, fits them, fixes them, etc. They are not a doctor. That's more what I do...though I'm not highly experienced. *End note). So, I'm assuming I didn't get the above mentioned job because well, she never called me back, lol. Usually a bad sign. :)

Ok, so then I had another interview last weekend. Wow, that was interesting. Let's just say I thought I was interviewing for one job and it ended up being a different one. Don't worry. I figured it out BEFORE I walked into the interview. hehe. Crazy though.

And now it's Monday and I have NO work today which makes me very very happy. Hope everyone had a great 4th. Have a great week all! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am from the area just south of San Francisco and ABSOLUTELY N.O. we do NOT call it "Frisco" There actually IS a town in norhtern CA called Frisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a friend of mine who lived there for many years calling it "the city." He NEVER called it Frisco. Warren calls it that all the time, just to bug me. Go figure.
    Good luck in your job hunt!! Are you interested enough to start studying to become a COT (certified ophthalmic technician)? It would eventually pay off with a higher salary.

    ReplyDelete