Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 Things About Him and I...

I'm joining up with this pretty mama of many because...it's a cute idea.
I'm also at a loss for things to blog about so this topic will keep this bloggy blog going for just a little bit longer! :)

So, here you go. 10 things about J and I.

1. First off and most obvious to me...Jason and I's affection levels are completely different. Jason is very affectionate and I am...um, not so much? He insists that I kiss him as soon as I wake up, when I leave, when I come home, and etc. I would probably never do it if it wasn't for him. Isn't that horrible!!!! Sheesh. I'm a terrible wife. I just "forget" though! The Lord knew who I should marry that's for sure. (I'm so glad that he brings the affectionate side out of me...I think that it's actually changing me to be more affectionate in the long run. Probably a little like training a dog. Eventually it will bring you the paper without you asking it to. :) )

2. As far as interests and things we enjoy doing, we are pretty much the same. As far as personality, we are pretty much the opposite.

3. When we first met I thought he was super cute and funny...but wasn't sure if he was "deep enough". Now I'm pretty certain that he is 50 x's more "deep" than I. :)

4. If we see a homeless person Jason is always the one who wants to buy him/her something to eat/drink. I'm always the one who hesitates (I think this thing is revealing far too much about myself, yikes).

5. My favorite day of the week is Friday where I make pizza, we borrow some super scratched up, barely watchable library DVD, and we curl up on the couch. Simple. Sweet. Love it.

6. We dated for 3.75 years, were engaged for .5 years, and have been married just over 2 years. That means we've been together for almost 6.5 years! Crazy weird.

7. Marriage was a very easy transition for us. Maybe because we'd been together 4 1/2 years once we got married???? I'm not sure what to attribute it to. I know though that I was expecting a lot of "surprises" and well...there weren't that many (though there were some). It turned out that I knew a lot of his flaws already...and I think he knew mine too! hehe.

8. Because of Dave Ramsey we've permanently deemed ourselves "The Nerd" and "The Free Spirit." It fits us perfectly. Can you guess who's who? :)

9. Though he's affectionate, we both are totally not into pet names. Like, "Babe, Baby, Sweetie, etc." Totally not our thing. Though we do ham it up and gush jokingly with pet names on occasion just for fun. (I have a friend who says that's it weird to call her husband by his name...because they only use pet names! Cracks me up!)

10. Honestly, I'd say neither of us married who "we imagined we would". And yet...it's just who the Lord knew we should marry. We are really a perfect fit. We are soooo so so different and yet soooo so so right for each other. We are best friends. BFF's yo! :) I think we may get matching necklaces even! :) Ok, maybe not...

3 comments:

  1. Haha. You guys are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun to read!!! And I'm laughing because oh my goodness, I am SO not affectionate either! Ha! Kevin is though. Too, too fun. You guys are great! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Brianna! Isn't that funny? I feel like we kind of break the mold of what a typical "guy" and "girl" should be like. I usually end up being more the guy....on some things. Other things he's DEFINITELY all guy. For instance, ripping open the tortilla bag when there is a very obvious ziploc to use at one end. lol. Funny stuff. Well, glad I have a fellow non-affectionate friend. :)

    ReplyDelete