Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mi Jardin...and a craft.

Oooh, blogger on a roll! I'm actually posting lately.

So. We have this rather large plot of weeds...well, now dirt. The plan was to one day de-weed it and plant a garden. I was feeling a bit ambitious this weekend and so we went for it. Jason cleared the 1st third. I cleared the 2nd third yesterday and the last part today. Sheesh. I am not used to manual labor. It felt so good though to be outside, in the sunshine, doing something productive. (Note: there are some icky nasty things that live in the dirt. blak. I'm not a fan of THAT part of gardening.)

Here's a few pictures of our progress and our weekend in the dirt! I have to say that I find it funny that we have yet to have this type of land/yard...that is, until we move to San Francisco. Aren't you supposed to have less space in SF? Apparently not :)...and yes, our neighbors house is falling apart there in the backJason had done the 1st part that is all cleared. I'm starting on the 2nd part.Our Home Depot loot. Oooh, action shot. Apparently Jason is a creeper who likes to hide behind Calla Lillie's and take pictures of his wife. Oh my gosh. There were SO many weeds. I can't believe I spent my whole weekend hoeing (hehe...I know I'm real mature) those things out.But look. Now there's no more weeds. And there actually are some things planted...though it's hard to tell from the photo. We currently have in the ground some flowers, red onions, crookneck squash, and a couple of different types of tomatoes. We are doing seedlings of carrots, radishes, lettuce, french green beans, and brussel sprouts.

So yay! My garden. I hope I remember to water it. ;)

And now my craft...
Take this here ugly $1 picture frame that I originally bought to paint and then got bored and changed my mind. It was feeling like a Modge Podge day.Cut some strips of fabric and some strips from an old book page (that you don't want to read again ;). Don't measure and make them even though. Life's too short for using a ruler.Some of us like to take the Modge Podge and dump it immediately on to our shoe. I don't recommend this one.In some random pattern stick those strips on to the frame. Let the Modgey Podgey do it's magica.After you've done three sides. It has to dry to do the 4th. I know. Common sense? You would think. I tried to do it before having it completely dry. Didn't work. Call me stubborn. Also make sure you turn on the flash when you take the picture. Makes for a great, shiny, washed out photo. Yay.And once you're done with your 4th side...and it's dry. You get THIS! yaya! Now the question is....put a photo in it...or leave it open and put it on the wall. I'm leaning towards leaving it picture free and putting it on the wall....somewhere.....

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the garden! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, AMAZING garden! Can you come work in my yard???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but only if you make me some grown-up sized booties...identical to the one's you made for Summer por favor. :)

    ReplyDelete