Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vanity

Did you think this was going to be a post of the downfalls of vanity. How it pulls you in and can consume you?

Nope.

It's about my hair.

So, I used to have great hair. Seriously. Totally straight. Did what I wanted it to (except curl). Laid down nicely...not frizzy. Looked nice down (though I hate wearing it down). Looked nice up. yada yada.

And then something changed.

Is it that I'm getting older?
Is it the constantly damp SF weather?

My hair now frizzes like nobody's biz. Now, if that was all I could deal. But the part that is driving me bonkers is that my hair now "curls" around my ears...just around my ears. And I wouldn't really call it curl...more like wavy. Wavy that sticks straight out of my head. So that my hair is literally horizontal to the floor. If I bounce up and down, they flap...like little birdie wings. Nice.

So, this is my rant.
I can now join the masses that say "I hate my hair".

(Obviously wearing it down would solve this prob. But, come on. Me? Wear my hair down? That would be undoing like 20 years of habit. Em, no.)

Any suggestions on how to tame the mane?

2 comments:

  1. Try John Frieda products... He has a "Frizz-ease" line that is supposed to be real good. I have the Straight Fixation Smoothing creame that I use right before I blow dry my hair, it helps, at least right after I have dried my hair, a day or two later, after I have slept on it or got sweaty or something, not as much, but it does help! also, drying with a paddle or round brush can help frizzies, I have also found that flat ironing my hair helps a lot too... Good luck!!! PS. I have just kind of resigned myself to the fact that I will forever have baby curls around my head *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Thanks for the advice Carrie. I'm totally non-educated on hair products and the do's and do not's on managing a wild mane. I'll take a look at that product.

    ReplyDelete