Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Morning Woe and Some To-Do's

**I was planning on posting this at 10:30am...when I was writing it.  But, we realized all of a sudden that jiu-jitsu was at 11:00am, not 11:30am causing us to book it out of here and so I didn't post.  So let us go back in our minds and pretend that it is 10:30am.  Ready...set...read.  Oh, by the way, when we got there we found out that jiu-jitsu starts at NOON.  poo.  Oh well. :)**

What shall I blog about today eh?

Well, first...I am in mourning.  I woke up today and it was just like every other day.  The first thing I thought of as I woke up this morning and glanced over at my sleeping husband was how much I absolutely and adoringly LOVE...

my piping hot cup of coffee.

I rolled out of bed and groggily put the coffee pot together.  After the brown gold was done, sitting in it's beautiful clear carafe where I can gaze deep into it's lovely brown hues, I poured myself a cup, breathing in it's reviving scent.  I poured some sugar in, went to the refrigerator, opened the door, grabbed that half and half which transforms by beloved from a beautiful rich brown to a beckoning creamy color and poured.  "Drop" "Drop".  As minion would say in Despicable Me, Whaaaaaaaaaaat?" (Seriously, we love that part.  We mimic it all the time) But back to why I'm in mourning.  And that was it.  Two drops of half and half.  My coffee did not become a creamy golden color but a dingy brown.  And then...I cried and whined and threw a tantrum.  Currently I am semi-composed enough to right this post.  But I still feel a little unstable.  Alright.  Moving onward.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.  (We watched that movie last night.  I love the library)  :)

Seriously, what the freak is wrong with the enter key.  I press it and it does nothing.  Why must things change?  Facebook.  Blogger.  I am totally going to be that old person who refuses to conform with the new changes and technologies of society.  "Crazy kids.  Back in MY day I used to press the enter key and it moved the cursor down to the next line."  

Oooh, it worked that time.

But not that time.  baaaaah!

Anyways, plans for today involve going to San Mateo.  I'm dropping the J-Man off at the Jiu Jitsu  academy there so that he can train with a guy that he likes...he usually goes to the San Fran one since he can walk there.  I shall be going to the gym while he's doing that since it's like 2 blocks away.  They rerouted the whole bouldering "cave" and it's so fun to be challenged by new routes.  Bummer part though was that I have been working on one route for a while and they stinking took it down.  Boo.  Now I'll never finish it and will die thinking about "the route that beat me".  Ok, that might be a tad dramatic. But yeah.  After the gym/jiu jitsu we're heading to Costco to eat pizza, get our tires rotated/filled, and buy ridiculous quantities of things that we probably don't need THAT much. 

I also NEED to:
-wash the car
-buy fabric
-sew and fill my empty etsy shop...but I'm feeling very unmotivated.  hmmm.
-clean my house
-do laundry
-grocery shop
-plan a menu for this week (homemade raviolis are SO in my futuro)

Things I WANT to do:
-not wash the car and just buy a brand new clean one.
-not clean my house and hire a housekeeper
-not do laundry...and just buy whole new wardrobes for us both.
-well, I like meal planning and food shopping...but I'd like to NOT work within a budget and make highly expensive gourmet meals every night.

I feel so conflicted (by such highly realistic alternatives).....

Anyways, I guess that's it.  A incredibly informative blog that probably kept you at the edge of your seat.

Adios.  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment