Friday, September 30, 2011

A Busted Brain Bullet Post

  • The brain has been feeling a bit fatigued as of late.  I feel super tired and forgetful and just...brain dead.  Jason has an insane schedule this semester and I think it's affecting (I always get confused on when to use affect and effect) the both of us.  On top of that for the last 3 weeks I've been working 9 1/2 hr days with only Sundays off.  bleh.  My co-worker is on vacation and I think I'm going to need one too when she get's back. 
  • I want a new surfboard (new to me anyways).  I would like a longboard.  The thought of selling bags on etsy with the goal of saving up for a surfboard makes me feel much more motivated to get cracking on the sewing thing.  :)  Imagine that?!
  • SAS shoes.  Have you ever wondered why almost every female over 65 wear those things?  There's got to be something to it.  I mean really.  Since they're so very hideous they must be unbelievably comfortable, like clouds on your feet or something.  I have a feeling I'm going to try them on one day and it's going to be one of those "Ah-Ha Moments".  Probably similar to the moment when I realized that MPH stands for Miles per Hour.  I bet I'll regret all the years I didn't wear SAS shoes and wish I could go back.  I can't wait to turn 65...
  • I have been digga-lickin asymmetric sweaters lately...well, asymmetric jackets, shirts, anything really.  Actually I just LOVE sweaters in general.  So cozy, comfy.  I've seen a few asymmetric beauties that have caught my eye lately but they've all been over $60 and there just ain't no way.  I almost never pay more than $20 for any article of clothing...except my Ugg boots.  :)  Shoes are different though.  Shoes are worth paying the money for. Anyways Captain Planet, I saw a lovely floppy asymmetric sweater at Old Navy that was much more affordable and I splurged.  It was a little gift to myself for all the extra overtime I've been putting in.  Oh yay.  It's this one, but in brown...which they don't have online.  :)  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=59093&vid=1&pid=851474  Some woman behind me in line was even impressed with my fantastic taste and went and got one for herself.  You're welcome strange lady behind me in line. :)
  • 3 consecutive months is all I can take of San Francisco.  I like living here but I need to get out...every 3 months.  Right about this time I start getting stir crazy and desiring open fields and isolation from people.  I start to feel myself conforming to the SF ways in driving especially.  (Just so you know, I think people in SLO drive like old people now.  That wasn't the case before.  Ooops.)  Unfortunately we have almost 2 months until Thanksgiving where we are scheduled to go home.  Oh mercy! 
  • Today I dispensed a pair of glasses. As the guy was leaving he popped his head back in the door and said, "You sure are pretty."  He was 89.  ha!  Nice.  I like mine with hearing aides and bifocals! :)
And that's it.

No mas para tu!

Adios.

Have a super fantastic bodacious weekend.  I will be working.  Cry with me now.  Maybe I'll wear my new sweater to console myself.

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling really old now that I am 48 and have 27 eyar old daughter. Maybe I should get some of those SAS shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my comment went through!!!!

    I haven't been able to comment on your blog for awhile. So I finally looked up Comments on the help page. It said to log out and then log in again, but not check the "stay logged in" box. Didn't think that would work, but it did. Yay!

    ReplyDelete