Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When if Rome.....


Hi again everyone!
Well, Anna and I got some really great comments from you guys about the coffee! I guess I really struck a common chord when I mentioned coffee!! I think that Dona J. brought coffee with her when she and Jim went on their mission trip :). Great minds think alike ;). Honestly, the one or two mornings that our grinder was acting up Anna was a little cranky! Don´t tell her I said that :). One way or another we will make sure we have REAL coffee for the year! Don´t worry about sending us coffee because I think the cost of shipping something to Chile is pretty expensive. But thank you guys for the offer!
Anyways, I just wanted to show you all a few more pictures of some of the great food here! I titled this ´When in Rome...´ because we have been trying to live this out here in Chile. Last Saturday Anna and I walked a ways to an Empanada factory that we heard about from an aquaintance. The walk was definately worth it because the Empanadas from this factory are AWESOME!! Our empanadas are the meat filled ones. The best way to describe them is ´savory´because they have raisins, olives, onions, egg, and meat in them so they are sweet and meaty. Yum! We will have to not go there too often though because they have the potential of making us fat if we eat too many. Well, actually maybe just me because I don´t think Anna could gain weight.
The other picture is of a popular soda here PAP. I think that it is short for Papaya. The flavor is kind of like bubble gum and it is very sweet. I think that Chileans like sweet things in general because their cookies, juices, etc. are VERY sweet.
Well, that is all the time I have for now. Talk to you all later!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting food. So fun to hear about your "aventuras". Hope things are going well all around.

    ReplyDelete