Saturday, April 25, 2009

I´m Alive! AND...Happy Birthday Jason!!!

Well, Jason has been taking command of the blogging. He has internet access at school though and I don´t really. What a good little blogger he has become. I´m so proud! hehe.

ALSO...


Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Haaaaaaappy Birthday dear Jason!
Happy birthday to you!!! Yaaaaaaaaaayyy!
Well, that is my tribute to Mr. Jason Paul! Today is his birthday and he is um, 27. Not sure if he wanted me to put that. I think he hears the big 3-0. haha. I decorated the house this morning and made him pancakes. Yummy. Now we are hitting the internet and meeting some friends for a BBQ at our house. I even made him a birthday apple pie! (His favorite). It was a bit itneresting gathering the ingredients in another language. I also have no measuring cups or teaspoons so I cook everything by guessing. haha. Everything´s been good so far. The pie LOOKS great. Hopefully it tastes good too!
So, things have been going really well. I am really enjoying teaching. I love the kids. I love my 5th graders becuase they are so sweet and excited about English. They have no shame and so are not embarassed to speak and try to pronounce the words. I love the 8th graders becuase they are personable and are interested in America and the culture and are interested in sharing their´s with me. From 5th-8th grade...I love `em all. hehe.
Tomorrow marks one month in Copiapo´. So crazy! It´s gone by fast. We´ve been in Chile for over 5 weeks now. I know this 8 months will fly by.
So, what to say. I love my school. It is the poor school in town but I wouldn´t be any where else. The kids are actually pretty well behaved...kind of. :) haha. I´m still a novelty at this point so they are well behaved with me. I´m also probably super strict for them to. Discipline isn´t as prevelant in schools. The kids kind of rule the roost with a lot of the teachers. I´m sure they will be working me good in no time!
Anyways, I´m running out of time but I will try to write more later about my school. You can also be praying for us because we are trying out our first church tomorrow. I pray that it is good and Christ centered! Thanks all! Miss you!

3 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday, Jason! I'm sure this is one you'll never forget. And I hope the church you went to was a bit of spiritual refreshment for your souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason and Anna!! Greetings from SLO :) Finally checking out your blog - it's awesome! Sounds like you are both doing well, loving Chile and not just surviving but thriving. Praise God for all His provisions! Praying for you often. Love and hugs to you both :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, I thought of you all day on your birthday and obviously forgot to post something. hope you felt the well wishes coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete