Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Saturday!

Hi everyone!

Well, it´s Saturday here in Chile...and in America I guess. haha. This is Anna by the way. We are hanging out in the internet cafe´ waiting for a friend from a nearby city to come and go hiking with us. Jason just spent some of his birthday money from his parents. There are two rival soccer teams here...Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile. He has decided to finally sell his soul to one! haha. Ok, maybe not. People are die-hard fans here though once they choose one. So, the jersey he bought was U. de Chile. He´s an official fan now! :-)

This last week was pretty good for me. I think I liked my teaching and lessons better the week before though. I kind of bored myself...so I´m sure the kids were bored! :-) Hopefully this week will be better. This week was a little different though. The schools here celebrate their school anniversary. Pretty much any excuse to celebrate is taken here. There are so many different reasons for class being canceled that it gets hard to keep track of. The kids this week only had school in the morning and then they had competitions and sports in the afternoon. They had the school divided into "blue" and "yellow". I watched little 2nd graders play soccer...so cute and they were so intense! On Thursday the kids had no class and it was a big presentation for old alumnis and for the kids. It was very entertaining. There was no school on Friday becuase of Labor Day. So...this week was a little different. That´s ok. Just another day in the Chilean school system! lol. Gotta love it. I wish I went to school here as a kid! hehe.

Anyways, I think that´s all for now! Not sure if there will be a Sat. post next week! We´ve been invited by a teacher at Jason´s school to spend a weekend with them at a beach town called Caldera. That will be really fun! So...until next time!!!

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time for you and Jason. Glad things are fun. Sounds like the kids are fun, too. I'm now in Redondo Beach. Dan and I are officially Redondoans or whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete