Wednesday, May 13, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things!!

Hi Everyone!
I decided to post one more time today and show you guys some pictures of Chilean cuisine! (DON'T MISS MY LAST POST that I just did about my school). Anna and I have really enjoyed getting to know the food here in Chile...although I am afraid that we are going to gain a lot of wait if we are not careful!
Calzones Rotos (right two pastries)
Pinwheel (left pastry with cream)


El Brazo de Reina
This is a Jelly Roll. The name means "The arm of (the) Queen"

Los Cachitos
Puff pastry in the form of a shell with Manjar in the center
(also known as Dulce de Leche).



Pastel de Choclo
Choclo means "corn" in Spanish and it is a lot like Corn Bread in the U.S. But it can include raisins, chicken, etc. and it is VERY good!



Paltas.
Otherwise known as Avocados. This is not the Haas variety, but a Chilean version which has a smooth black skin and is much smaller.




1 comment:

  1. I think I gained about 5 pounds just looking at this food. Yeah, enjoy! but be careful. Glad you aren't lacking for food. And I did read your other post. Looks like you are doing well and enjoying your time there. Glad to be following your journey here. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete