Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh, Chilean students...how you make me laugh!

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. The kids were insane but there was one funny incident that Jason told me was definitely "blog worthy". haha. So, I will set the stage for you.

First off, I`m in the middle of teaching my 5th grade class. All of a sudden one of my students raises his hand. The short conversation goes as follows:

Me: Yes, Pablo (I`m excited thinking, "Oh yay! They are interested in the topic and want to know more!")
Crazy Boy Student: Que significa "Te Amo" en Ingles? (What does Te Amo in English mean?)
Me: I love you.
Crazy Boy Student: Thank you!

Uhg! lol! At the time I found it annoying and the class definitely thought it was funny. Upon telling Jason he thought it was amazing and said, "That´s the coolest kid ever! I wish I had that kind of guts!". Haha, I guess it was pretty funny! :) Another day in the Chilean schools! Gotta love it!

1 comment: