Monday, June 13, 2011

Have I Ever Showed you My Livtching Room?

Oh. What's that? You don't know what a Livtching Room is? Weird.

:)

Wanna know why you don't know what that is?

'Cause you don't live in SF.

Yeah.

We have one. It's a Living-Kitchen-Dinning Room all wrapped up in one.

Sometimes it drives me nuts. It can become cluttered and messy in .2 seconds. Usually though, I'm a fan. With the 2 of us... It's enough space. Usually. :)

One down side. The kitchen is tiny. Itsy bitsy. I need about 3 x's the counter space and I have enough kitchen stuff that I could open my own small gourmet restaurant. Seriously. BUT...I've made cakes, pies...and I'm about to make chocolate eclairs in it. So it does the job. :) AND, AND I have a full size oven. Pretty much unheard of in a small rental like ours. But I have one. And love it. And I may or may not blow it kisses every night. "Good night oven. I love you." You see, when we were looking at rental units about 90% came with an electric cook top and a toaster oven. Em. Hmmm. I was actually resolved to be okay with it and accept it. Then we found our current house and when I opened the door to the Livtching Room and I saw that oven it took about all I had to not hug the landlord and say, "You beautiful woman, THANK YOU for choosing to put a beautiful brand new full size oven into this unit. I will love you always." (We are the first to live here since they remodeled it so all is new).

So without further adieu...here is our abode.First we enter into a door next to the garage which opens into a room where we keep our outdoor activity toys. Then we walk down this ridiculously long hall...where the floors still aren't finished. eh. Doesn't bother me. So this is our "third" front door...the main one that actually leads into our house. **Side note: Don't attempt to walk down this hall with the lights off, figuring that you'll know where the door is since you've walked it a bazillion times. If you do, you may walk flat, face first into it. That is all.**
Then we enter into the Livtching Room. There's our couch, our 500 year old, 300 lb. TV, the edge of our kitchen table that we eat on, and the refrigerator. The 2 doors lead to our own separate bedrooms...totally kidding. :) No bathroom though. Kinda a bummer but we've grown to love our outhouse. Totally kidding on that one too. You just can't see the door for it. :)Here is the kitchen part of our Livtching Room. Pretty oven. Oh, and yes I DO have 3 jars full of cooking utensils. And yes I DO know I have a problem. But I use them...and I'm pretty sure I've only bought like one of them, haha. :)
And a blurry picture from the other angle (from our bedrooms). The door you see is the front door.

So there you have it. What it's like to live in San Francisco....and utilize an itsy bitsy space. We have rearranged a ton and moved things here and there. I think finally though we are some what satisfied. :)

Hope you enjoyed the tour.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna! It looks as if you two have made this quite livable. And it probably only runs you about $800/month, right? Yeah, I know, I'm not funny. Oldish Aunts are like that :) Good thing there is so much to do out and about in SF.
    I hope that you and Jason are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete