Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday

Today I heard a sermon that challenged me. We go to a great church where they love the Lord, and His people. The church is involved in quite a few city ministries and outreaches. City Church loves God and therefore loves San Francisco.

My confession though is...

...sometimes I don't love San Francisco.
...sometimes San Francisco bugs the crud out of me.

Sometimes I feel really jaded. Of the pushing, the shoving, the city bustle, the extreme in your face liberalism, the narcissism, the incredible wealth that just seems...wasted (on things like $1500 Louis Vuitton bags). Sometimes I'm numb to the homelessness, the poverty, the need. There you have it. The honest truth.

I feel like in a city that has so much need...I have served less here than in SLO. I have the excuses, like getting home late from work, and etc. but in the end...I usually don't want to do it. Well, I do, but I can easily talk myself out of it.

So, today I was challenged deeply. To love when all around is unlovable. To do this because Christ has done this for me. Who am I that I should judge or withhold love from anyone? Who am I.

The sermon isn't posted online yet but I will link it up as soon as it is. I think you should listen. It even includes a street fight. haha. Does that perk your interest?

Anyways, I was encouraged...challenged. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment