Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Came Home with a 20 lb Bag of Flour

20 Pounds

of Flour

=

BLISS.

My mother knows how to win my heart. :) She also may have possibly given me a 2 lb. bag of yeast to go with it. Oh my. Watch out.

So, obviously, lots of breads/cakes/pastries are in my future. Did I mention that I have a father with an amazingly fast metabolism? Thank you Father. I appreciate you passing that gene off to me.

Anyways, the huz and I went down south last weekend. We headed out Friday afternoon and got back last night. It was quite refreshing to have so many consecutive days with no work. I will say though...it's HARD getting back into the swing of things again. I felt ready to go home today at about 2pm. I also kept forgetting to do random things at work. My mind was obviously still off surfing/mtn. biking/pigging out on Dorn's pancakes. Dorn's pancakes. There is a post-worthy topic...all on it's own. So, in Morro Bay there is a place called Dorn's. The BEST pancakes ever. I mean, melt in your mouth, buttery, flaky/fluffy fantastic-ness. Pancakes are pretty high up there on my "favorite foods" list. I may or may not be able to list off every b-fast place in SLO that has good pancakes...and all the places that have so-so one's. Yeah. I think I've tried them all. Anyways, we splurged, and made ourselves feel sick but it was so worth it. You should have breakfast at Dorn's. And get pancakes.

We occupied ourselves with family, friends, and outdoor activities. Surfing, mountain biking, walking. Good times. Loved being away from the ridiculously crowded city. Seriously. I kept saying to Jason while in SLO, "Is it always this dead? Or is this normal?" Weird. I didn't like that I was becoming "used to" crazy amount of cars and people. blak. I also have apparently taken on the Bay area aggressive driver techniques. That didn't seem necessary in SLO. Oh well. So, sorry if I cut you off...it's not my fault. I live in the Bay Area! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment