Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thoughts for a Thursday

Did I ever mention that I think using alliteration in your blog post is totally cheesy.  Thus I do it all the time.  Hello, my name is Hypocrite.

Aaaaaaaand, here we go...

  • I have a couple of 3/4 length sleeve shirts.  I have avoided pairing jackets/sweaters with them though because the sleeves always ride way the heck up...like to tshirt sleeve status and I can't stand the way it feels.  Yesterday though at work I was cold and realized that I needed to conquer this problem.  Solution?  Scotch tape.  I taped the sleeves to my arm with a long piece of tape that almost reached my wrist and slipped my awesome throw back from the 80's jean jacket right on.  Sleeves still down where they belong...at the 3/4 position.  Then I yanked the tape right off.  What now!?  My coworker was laughing hysterically at me but don't lie to yourself.  It was genius.  And you'll probably do it too.  :)
  • I think I'm getting sick.  Just haven't figured out if it's going to be a chest cold or a head cold...or maybe both.  I'll keep you updated.
  • I was just thinking of how Jason would probably have a hay day with my blog.  He's seriously the English language master.  He knows rules I didn't even know existed.  He says its because I grew up in the south and am probably inbred.  So not true...just for the record.  Anyways, I write like I talk and I know Jason would not approve of my poor sentence structures.  P.S.  in a year from now...more or less, I will have a huz who has an M.A. in English (the language, not literature).  Crazy pants.  I can't believe he's been in school a 1 1/2 years.  (His program is a 2.5 yr program)
  • So this lady came in and gave me her glasses to try to fix.  I realized that she was the lady who owed a nearby health supplement store (she's very...er, unique) :) Anyway, I had her glasses and noticed that something smelled weird...as in a smell I disliked...quite a bit.  I then took a whiff of her glasses and they wreaked like vitamins...in all the spots that she would have them on her face.  I think she takes so many of those supplements that the "vitamin smell" is seeping out into the oils of her skin, and thus making her glasses smell. ew.  BTW, I hate the smell of vitamins...so much so that I gag if I try to take them.  No can do.  I know.  It's ridiculous.  Oh well.
  • It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday.  yay.
  • Nov and Dec are crazy busy for us.  Oye.  Next weekend I have a work trip to Monterey for 3 days.  The weekend after, paintballing.  The weekend after Thanksgiving, and so on.  Sheesh.
  • What happened to the weather?  In one day it went from 74 to 58.  What?!?
  • I was thinking that it would be cool to try to earn our Christmas money for each other and family this year by selling things we have.  Like through a yard sale, and Craigslist.  I feel like we have SO much that we don't use so, to be given more, sounds crazy.  It's a goal.  We'll see if we can do it.  :)  I love a good purge.  We'll see if Jason agrees, haha.
  • The San Francisco/Bay area has a huge homeless population.  It also gets pretty cold up here in the winter.  There is a need for men's clothing because go figure...women get rid of more clothing then men do.  I would love to go out and buy some men's clothing to give buuuuut...we can't really afford that right now.  What they ALSO need though are beanies and scarves.  And I have a TON of yarn.  Like a TON.  Especially since Jason's gma just gave me even more.  I can give my time it turns out by knitting/crocheting  So, I have a goal to do 5 beanies by Sun 11/12.  I'd like to do one a day but let's be real...I don't really love knitting/crocheting so that's a stretch.  We'll see though. 
  • Happy Thursday!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment