Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Almost done with the week...

Well, today is Wednesday and we only have two more days in Santiago. The days have been really long and I´m a bit excited to move on. Jason and I usually wake up at 7:15am and head down for breakfast at the hostel around 8am. Then we head over to the norteamericano building at 9am for lots of training. We have workshops until lunch at 1:30. Lunch and dinner are pretty late in Chile and so I am always so hungry by the time lunch and dinner arrive...especially since I´m not a breakfast eater. After lunch we have more workshops and then two hours of Spanish class. We end the day at 6pm and have dinner at 7:30. It´s looooong and hard to sit for that long. Tomorrow we have a cultural excursion which will be nice to have the day more broken up.

We have two more days of this and then we leave Saturday morning for a nice long bus ride. On a completely different note they drink Nescafe´ here. It´s awful and very chemically. Blah. Jason and I found a some what real coffee shop...that´s not Starbucks (there are a couple here but I am proud to say that we have not allowed ourselves to go). Anyways, it´s a little local shop. It´s no Linnea´s but it´s not bad and certainly way better then Nescafe´.

Anyways, things are going well overall. I feel like I´m learning more and more Spanish every day. Little by little. It´s funny becuase I feel like we are getting into a routine here. We will have to start all over on Sat. though. Oh well. It will be nice to be where we are going to live more permanently. Well, I think I´m going to go up to our room. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment