Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm Official!

A few days ago I received my social security card and my CA driver's license with my new last name on it. I was still signing with my old last name because my driver's license, credit card...and everything else said my old last name. Now I'm pretty much official! :-)

In other news...we sold the van. It was a nice couple of months of having two cars but the plan always was to sell the van right before Chile. It will be a lot easier to share one car now that we live in the same house. I will admit that I was slightly emotionally attached to it. I named it and all. :-). We put the ad on Craigslist and man o' man did we get interest. About 50 people were looking to buy it. So, it's gone. Kinda sad but the money will be well used.

So, Jason and I just counted and we leave in 17 days...CRAZY! I can't believe it. We're excited and nervous all at the same time. We REALLY need to study up on the espanol. Or, I need to study up.

Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful Lord's Day and we are off to go shopping at Old Navy. We're hoping they will have some good winter sales for teaching clothes...being that they are moving into spring clothing lines right now. Not us though...we're moving right back into winter again (Chile's below the equator). We'll make a movie called "The Endless Winter". I find it ironic that me...who LOVES the heat...is receiving a year straight of winter. Oh well. What can you do?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are leaving so soon. By the time you come back, we will officially be living in LA. I figure to be gone in a month or so. I will definitely keep in touch by way of this or Facebook. But just want to say I will also be praying for you guys and hope to see you before you leave. I keep leaving on weekends, but if we are here, we'll catch up then. Love you.

    ReplyDelete