Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Little more Awake

I feel a little more human today. Jason and I added it up and we had been running on about 4-5 hours of sleep in an almost 48 hour period. That can´t be healthy. We slept hard last night and it felt really good.

So, as I said we arrived in Chile and went to our hostel. It´s pretty nice. They have them all over Chile so I think that we will stick with this line of hostels if we travel around Chile. First we got cleaned up and then hit the streets of Santiago. We walked all around. I have heard a lot of people describe it as similar to Europe. I found that to be kind of true. It´s a little European and yet still has a very Latin America feel. We snacked on an empenada yesterday and had a couple of cafe´ con leches. For dinner yesterday we had...hotdogs! haha. They are very popular here. It´s super yummy though. They pile a bunch of things on top like guacamole, salsa, and other good stuff.

We went to bed early last night. We were so beat. Our hostel was having a party last night and we managed to fall asleep despite the bumpin´ loud music. haha. We woke up at 10 am Chile time. We got ready, had some breakfast (I had instant coffee...desperate times call for desperate measures). They aren´t coffee drinkers here and mostly use nescafe´. As long as it has some caffeine I guess. Then we hit the streets again. For lunch we had a simple and yummy jamon y queso sandwich on fresh bread. It was really good. Anyways, we have out first meeting tomorrow so I will update more if I get a chance. There are other people that are waiting for the computer so I think that I will get off now! Pictures to come! -Anna

1 comment:

  1. so good to hear from you! I laughed when you wrote about the instant Nescafe coffee---South Americal must export ALL their coffee to the US because we had the same thing in Ecuador!!! God bless! Priscilla

    ReplyDelete