Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Lasts

We leave for Chile a week from today. I can't believe it. Part of me is in a little bit of denial that I'm actually going to be living some where else for a while...let alone in another country. Jason and I are trying to do as many things as possible...those things that we know we're going to miss. Here is a small taste of our list:

-Have pancakes (a great obsession of mine)
-Hike Bishop's and Madonna Mt.
-Have coffee at Linneas and Top Dog (they don't really have coffee shops in Chile)
-Walk around downtown slo
-Go to the beach
etc, etc.

One of the "lasts" (at least for a while) is going to church on Sunday. This Sunday will be our last Sunday before we leave. I can't believe it. Weird. It will be hard to say goodbye. I am well aware of the fact that we will be lucky to find an evangelical church in Chile...super lucky if we actually like it and feel at home there. Because of this fact we aren't going to be picky while there. We just want to be fed!

So, we are finishing up all the last details involved in leaving. Making arrangements for travel to LAX, and etc. Very exciting...but I'm a little nervous. Nervous to teach and nervous to be submerged in Spanish. Man 'o man am I excited though! Maybe my next post will be from below the equator! :-) We desire your prayers so much. If you would like to pray for us some of our prayer requests are...

-That we would have a great Chilean partner teacher. We work side by side with her the whole year. We hope we learn a great deal from her, that she is kind, and that we can be a light to her.
-That we find some group of evangelical Believers to meet with.
-Because we will be living on our own and not with a host family it will take a lot more of our own effort to make relationships. I pray that the the Lord makes us bold and friendly.
-For boldness. I just need to TRY when it comes to the language. Even though I am not a shy person I can become that when I feel awkward. I pray that the Lord gives me the ability to absorb the language and that I also am friendly and open to those around us.
-For the teaching. Jason has some experience in English teaching...me, not so much. May He bless our efforts and help these kids learn English. Also that He may direct our ways and show us if this is the route that we should take career wise (esp. for Jason).
-Finally that we may just be a light for Him, that we may glorify Him in all our ways.

That's the short list! :-) Anyways, thank you all for reading!!! One week! Yay!!!!

1 comment:

  1. anna... we are praying along side of you. for a church. for travel. for everything you are going to experience down south!

    ReplyDelete