Friday, June 5, 2009

Confession Time

Jason and I decided to do a little more traveling. We are in a place called La Serena. La Serena has about 500,000 peeps and is a bit more "Americanized," for lack of a better word, then Copiapo. We found a mall and in that mall found a food court. In this particular food court there were a couple of American fast food joints (to my delight!)...one of which was a KFC (I LOVE my fried food). There are ZERO companies from the USA where we live in Copiapo. We have been in La Serena for 2 days. We have had KFC two times. And YES, we will be having it again tomorrow before we go home. Did I mention that we also had a McFlurry for dessert? Yeah, we did. It did have a Chilean flair though. We were able to have both Oreo AND Manjar (dulce de leche...Chile´s sweet that is in everything!!!!) in it. It´s my new favorite combo. Yummers!

(In case you are wondering Chile isn´t really known for it´s resaraunts. We weren´t really missing out on much by opting for KFC. Man, do I miss my fried food though!!! Can´t wait for tomorrow´s meal...with my Orea Manjar McFlurry for dessert!!! We are soooooo lame!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. So lame, but so cute. Glad you're having fun and finding fun things to do and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be craving KFC too after not having anything "American" in a long time! But wow, i wonder if you guys feel that your time would be better spent helping out/doing something in a place where you were more needed...there is so much to be done in the world.I think i would feel restless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    Yeah, 3 weeks is a long time but our time here has been great and there is no place we would rather be. We have learned a lot about teaching and about Chile and one of our goals was to figure out if we want to become English Teachers, which I think we do! Yes, there is a lot of need in the world, but YES there are a lot of problems around the world too. So, we could have gone somewhere else, but I think God meant for us to be here.

    ReplyDelete