Wednesday, June 24, 2009

F-F-F-Freeeeeeeezing!

So, it´s cold. Oh, it´s me the original owner of this blog! haha. Anyways, it´s so cold. Soooooo cold. There is no central heat in this country. Í have yet to find it anyways. It´s so cold that I teach in my wool coat and gloves. It´s so cold that I can see my breath in my classroom...and in the teacher´s lounge. Jason found out that the reason why they don´t heat the rooms is becuase they don´t want the kids to get sick. I guess going from cold outside to warm inside too quickly makes you sick. Not convinced. The girls have to wear skirts as part of their uniform...short ones. It seems like they are more likely to get sick just sitting there in the cold. Could be wrong though.

Ok, so honesty time. The kids are WORKIN´me! haha. Honestly, I´m no longer a novelty and they have decided that the time has come for them to release their full fury on me. haha. Wow. I think that I used to think that US classrooms were crazy. Hmmm. There are a lot of GREAT and quiet kids, don´t get me wrong. But, there are a lot of very wild kids too. Anyways, I´ve learned a new command, "Fuera". haha, that means "get out". I´ve been using it a lot. Once I´ve given you 8 warnings it´s time to leave my classroom. Anyways, all is well, but I could certainly use prayer on how to be patient and loving...and how to also teach the one´s that actually want to learn without focusing so much on the one´s that are not into this whole thing called "school"! Thanks! Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

    This reminds me of a funny story about a little blond gal I know. Yeah, she was a real bouncy little tiger. Her teacher got so frustrated with her he finally said "OK, no one pay any attention to Anna so she will quit" or something like that. So then this gal jumps up and grabs one of the polyester recycling bags from a corner, gets into it and starts hopping around the room making quite a scene. Then she landed on a piece of paper and she slipped and knocked over a desk. I think her poor teacher just gave up. What a silly clown. But I won't mention any names or anything unless I already gave it away some how.

    We will pray for you to keep your sense of humor. Just remeber how it was way back when you were in school. That ought to help some.

    Enjoy the kids.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete