Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A funny story

Hey everyone!

Well, I recently remembered a really funny story that happened to me about a month ago. Ok, here is what happened. Anna and I had to go downtown to meet the other volunteers from the program and try for the second time to get our Visa. Well, after getting shut down again because of government nonsense we decided to go to the Plaza and hang out. Anna, Zack (another volunteer), and I were sitting next to the fountain in the center of the plaza, basking in the warm sun. I had bought Cotten Candy on a stick and was sharing it with Anna and Zack as we talked. After we finished the Cotten Candy I was playing with the wooden stick, just drumming it against my leg, when an old man walked by and out of no where grabbed my Cotten Candy stick! He came from my left so I never saw him coming and he non-chalantly (spelling?) grabbed the stick from me! I was surprised by this sudden event but somehow decided in an instant I wanted my stick and hung onto it, long enough that he had to yank it from me. Without pausing this old gentleman kept walking and started using my stick to pick ear wax from his ears!!!!!!!!!!!!! At first we all just froze, but after a few seconds we couldn´t stop laughing! What was he thinking? Is this normal here in Chile?! The whole thing was hillarious and we just figured that his ear wax was killing him and he just needed my stick more than I did :).

So, that is my funny story. I hope you guys enoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, GROSS!!! That is so hilarious! I'm trying to picture the incident, but I'm sure I had to be there to get the full effect. So now when you're drumming your stick, make sure there aren't any old men around. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is so funny... made me laugh! I love how you held onto the stick. :-)

    ReplyDelete