Monday, June 29, 2009

Ok, so first off...if you read my last post you may want to read the comment from my mom. YES, ok fine, I was a teacher´s worst nightmare for quite a few years. I actually thought of the same thing and told Jason that I thought that maybe the Lord was allowing me to experience a little of what I put my teachers through. haha. Oh well.

So, today is another holiday...no school. I believe that today we are celebrating Peter and Paul. Those good ole´ saints. Hmm. So, what´s new? Well, apparently there was supposed to be a huge earthquake and tsunami. It was predicted for this morning at 4 am...it never came, which is good! :) We had a pretty full weekend which was nice since it was a long one. Let´s see...

On Friday we went and had a meeting with our district coordinator. She informed us that in a couple of weeks we will be receiving 5-10 more volunteers in our area. They will be here for the remaining 4 months. That could be fun! I´m hoping for a girl!!!! I am here with 4 guys...I´m the only girl. After having a meeting she invited us to go to Caldera and stay at there beach house there. So us volunteers when out an got deep fried empenadas...yumo! She had some other people over also. Jason and I made it until 3 am and then we pooped out. Most gatherings at night last until about 5am or 6 here. Way too crazy for us old married peeps! hehe.

On Saturday morning we woke up and went to the house of a volunteer. His host family has been wanting to meet us. They have a 10 year old son and it was his birthday. So, we were invited to come. We got there in the morning and helped with some decorations and food prep. It was really fun. It never ceases to amaze me how we are taken in like family...even though we have never met these people. They said good-bye to me like I was their daughter. haha. Funny stuff. Oh, one thing that I haven´t figured out. I tell people that my name in Anna. When I do they say, "Oooooooh, Anita." Hmmm. It´s happend a lot of times and so I think they add an "-ita" as a term of endearnment. Not sure.

Anyways, we ate a ton of food and I am paying for it now. Ugh. Also, a fun experience...Aji in the eye. Aji is a hot pepper here. We really like it...esp. Jason becuase he really likes hot food. So, we were talking about how unpleasant Aji in the eye is. 5 minutes later, after breaking up the aji with my fingers and putting it on my food, I rub my eye. Aaaaah! It was like a little fire in my eye. Wow, very unpleasant. For an hour or so later my eye was hot...like temperature wise. A very strange sensation! haha.

Ok, welp, that´s all for now. I think that Jason will be posting some pics of our weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment