Saturday, September 12, 2009

Costume Partay and Indendence Day...I mean Month

So, it´s me...Anna. How is everyone doing? I feel like it´s been forEVER since I´ve blogged. Well, here I am! So, I´m going to tell you about dos cosas! The first is a teacher´s costume party that we went to in honor of Jason´s school´s anniversary. I guess there are three parties. One for the students, one for the teacher´s, and one for the parent´s of the students. Kinda nuts. So, we went to this party two Fridays ago. It started at 9:30pm...and we ate um, "dinner" at about 11:30pm. Yes, oh, yes, in TRUE Chilean fashion. Jason and I of course dressed up becuase I LOVE to dress up. We were actually given Huaso costumes which are Chile´s version of our cowboys. So, we dressed up in their traditional garb. Jason pulled it off well but I felt like I was ready for a casting call in Gone With the Wind. haha. It was super fun.


The second bit of pictures are of some Independence Day celebrations. It´s not one day though...it´s literally the whole month. We were invited to go to the school that some friends of our´s owns. Well, the husband is the "owner" and his wife is the principal. They had a huge shin-dig at their school where the parents of each grade set up a booth and are judged on creativity, time spent decorating, food, and etc. Before hand there was a presentation done by the students which was super cool. After the presentation Jason was honored (haha, they LOVE Jason. Where´s the love for me though? I think I´m chopped liver.) and he was one of the judges who walked around and picked the winning booth. Fun stuff. It was a great day and it was HOT...which was wonderful. So......BRING ON the PICS!
NOTE: So...actually, these first two are from the celebration at the school. I was going to post about both things that I described but the computer is being really lame and not letting me move things. I´m running out of time on the internet so, here is a teaser. I will post more about the celebration at the school next time. This first picture represents Chiloe and the fisherman. The second one represents Easter Island. They represented each part of Chile in their skit. So, below these two first pics are pictures from the Anniversary Teacher Party. Got it!?!!!



ANNIVERSARY COSTUME PARTY


Jason, his old co-teacher (he s doing elementary this semester), some other random teacher, and me. We had so many pictures taken of us that night it was crazy. I think they enjoyed the crazy gringos in their traditional Chilean clothing.


The "woman shot" of the teacher´s. There were some pretty creative costumes.


The "man shot". The cow was...um, interesting. haha. He was definitely the funniest costume.


The tables and room were all decorated. They served us a big, nice dinner.


Why, yes. That IS Jason´s principal. hahahahha. Hey! That´s MY man!!! :)

Oh yes, the FULL effect!!!

And a closer shot!!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute!! Glad there is some fun sprinkled in all your work. But I guess you enjoy your work, too. Cute costumes. Continue enjoying your time there. See ya sometime.

    ReplyDelete