Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I don´t Like street Dogs!

So, it´s official, the jury is back and the verdict is that I don´t like street dogs. Bah! Yesterday I was running...like a good girl, in the morning, in the cold, and trying to get the days run in that the marathon schedule told me to run that day (i´m not a morning exerciser). I was at the end of the run and ran the same route that I always run...by the same dogs that I always run by. This time though the dogs had their owner nearby which makes the dogs here a hundred times braver, more territorial, and aggressive. Out of no where the two dogs run at me and act like they are going to make me their breakfast. So, I jump out of my running shoes practically...which I´m sure the owner noticed and thought was slightly funny. Then as they are lurching at me I tried to stand my ground and actually confront them. Usually this works and the street dogs are chicken...they skulk away afraid...USUALLY. Not this time. Instead it provoked them and they really had the look of hunger in their eyes. baaaah! Stupid dogs. Finally I WALKED slowly away feeling rather defeated as the owner with little to no sway attempted to call the dogs away. So, like any mature adult, what did I do? I cried during the last part of my run all the way till I got home...and yes, I ended my run 2 minutes early. And this is my street dog story and why I HATE street dogs.

I don´t usually use "hate," or like the word "hate" but this time...I think it´s a legitimate and accurate word of description for these yucky animals. blah.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there to strangle those dogs. Or I mean hug them (till their dead). Is OC or Mace legal in Chile? If it is I will mail you a bottle pronto. Its a good thing to have anyways. I love you lots, be safe. Pops

    ReplyDelete