Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cravings and weight gain...

My life lately has been FULL of cravings (It´s me anna) Ugh. I feel like a pregnant woman...but I´m NOT so don´t get any ideas. haha. Anyways, here are some of my cravings as of late...

-sour cream
-Starbucks peppermint mochas
-cheddar cheese
-Chile Peppers burritos
-Old Country Deli ribs
-Custom House fish and chips
-donuts
-Bali´s frozen yogurt
-Gus´s veggie sandwich (not a vegiterian but love THAT sandwich)
-Woodstocks pizza (though I now make homemade pizza which is not too bad at all. I also found a great recipe that´s easy for homemade flour tortillas...SO much cheaper! This has helped to curb the Mexican food desire)
-Jamba Juice
-Novo´s...pretty much anything from there though currently the calamari sounds amazing!
-Good chinese food
-Sushi (Jason doesn´t share this desire, haha)
-Brown sugar (doesn´t exist here and so makes a good batch of cookies a little difficult. Just not the same without it.)

Anyways, that´s the short list. haha. I also have a lot of craving to DO things to. Like run a new route...where there are actually trees, go clothes shopping, go to Target, the beach, hike, ride my bike around town, sit in a coffee shop and read...and on, and on. I´m a little interested to see how the clothes shopping will go. haha. I´m thinking that maybe, just maybe I´m a solid size one now! haha. So, before we left I couldn´t wear a size 0 at Old Navy, Gap, and places like that. It was too big. I had to by designer jeans (that I found at Ross for like $20) becuase everything was too big. Anyways, so a VERY high carb diet and little exercise (at least at first) made me put on a little bit of weight. I used to think that I was totally immune to gaining weight becuase I ate whatever the heck I wanted at home. Really, I think I just underestimated how active I was and how many calories I probably burned a day. Anyways, at about month 4 my pants were feeling a bit snug. haha. So, I quit INHALING the bread and tried to not eat QUITE so much manjar (dulce de leche). The pants fit better now. I stepped on a scale at a random school a couple of days ago out of pure curiosity and it said 53 kilos. 116 lbs...that´s a good 6 or 7 lbs. heavier at THIS point. Who knows what I was a couple of months ago. Nice! So, currently, I actually FILL my pants. I´m sure once I go home I will go back to normal.

Anyways, so there´s my wieght status becuase I´m sure you ALL were dying to know. It will be interesting to see everyone else at the end of the year. Apprently there is a 5 kilo average that everyone gains...which is about 11 pounds! People in Chile just live a much more sedintary life. No me gusta!

Also...tomorrow is October and my last day of teaching is in Nov. ahhhhhhhh. Crazy, crazy stuff!

1 comment:

  1. You kinda make me sick. But I won't hate you. I just wish I could fit back into a size 4!! Oh well, babies (and bread products) do that to ya. ;-) Now you know how I feel, living way out here in the boonies of KS, missing all those yummy yummy places in SLO. CA just has wonderful food, I've come to realize. I miss it as well.

    ReplyDelete