Thursday, October 1, 2009

200 Pesos, Plus a New Friend

Hola Todos,

¿Cómo están? Well, today is Thursday with only one more day to go until the weekend!!! I like teaching, but it is one of those things that you enjoy while doing it and don´t want to when you are off of work or the weekend is approaching. I guess that is just plain work...even if you have the most amazing job. Anyways, so today I wanted to tell you guys about my friend Jonathan. I met Jonathan near the Sodimac Homecenter (very similar to Home Depot). I usually walk by there to go downtown and one day I went he was there selling his little sweets. Well, me being a sweet loving fellow I decided for 200 pesos I could give his little invention a whirl. He told me the batter he uses is like Pancake batter, but instead of cooking it on a gridle he puts it in the oven and bakes it. He also puts chocolate or manjar in the middle and when they are done, dips both ends in chocolate and coconut. Surprisingly they are quite good and for only 200 pesos (around 36 cents) they are VERY worth it. I like the manjar ones and Anna likes the chocolate ones.

Here I am with my new friend Jonathan. He is trying to learn English and I am trying to learn Spanish so we talk to each other in both languages. He is super nice and a hard worker (it isn´t easy making a living the way he does).

Here are the yummy treats. I don´t really know if they have a name since Jonathan invented them. I think he might call them panqueques since they are made with pancake batter. As you can see the white ones on the left are filled with manjar and the ones on the right are chocolate flavored and have chocolate in the middle.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed another small peek into Anna´s and my life here in Copiapó, Chile. Thanks for checking out our blog and please keep praying for us! Pray we continue to work hard and teach well, love the kids and continue to get to know them better, stay safe and healthy, and share the Gospel. Thanks!! ¡Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet thing between you and Jonathan, helping each other with language and sharing his treat. Love you guys. I have really enjoyed reading your blogs to see how you and Anna have been spending your time in Chile. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete