Saturday, October 17, 2009

We are now members of...

the Copiapo LIBRARY! Yes! I´m so excited! I have been wanting to go to the library for a while now and we finally made it there. It´s kind of lame that we are just now getting around to it...being that we only have a month left. haha. Oh well. When we first arrived though I wouldn´t have been able to read a THING! Jason has been using his school library since we got here. I checked out today though "Mujercitas." Can you guess what that is? Yep, Little Women. Kind of funny. I thought that it would be best to check out something that I am familiar with. Anyways, I´m reading it and for the most part understanding it. Yay! During my 7 months here I in fact HAVE actually learned something...though sometimes I really wonder! :) Anyways, it´s exciting. I read that book sooooo very long ago and so it´s fun to pick it up and give it another go...pero en español!

Jason also checked out some book of Chilean poetry that seems SUPER hard. What a smarty I have on my hands! He wants to focus on Chilean literature becuase it´s so plentiful and accessible here. There is a decent Spanish section in Barnes and Noble at home and I´m sure in the SLO county library too. He can read the more general novels and books in Spanish at home.

Anyways, that´s what we did today! Now we are going to go home, read our books, and I´m going to make some homemade chicken noodle soup. Yummers!

No comments:

Post a Comment