Thursday, October 8, 2009

Can you guess how much 1 peso is worth?

Hola Todos,

Hey Guys, how are you? Ok, so I took these pictures when we first arrived, but I don´t think that I ever posted about them like I wanted to. So, today I wanted to show you guys that there does indeed exist a coin that is worse than the penny...the Chilean 1 peso! Not only is it smaller than the penny, but it weighs practically nothing and is worth 0.0018 cents!!!!

Here are all of the Chilean coins. There is a 500, 100, 50, 10, 5, and 1 peso coin. The 500 and 100 are the most useful and the 50 helps, but the rest are practically worthless.


Here is my comparison of the U.S. penny and the Chilean peso. It is crazy how small the peso is!!!

And to help you see the difference, since you can´t hold the peso, here is a picture of the peso on the penny to show how much smaller it is.


Well, I know that I always complain about the penny in the U.S. and how useless it is, but I am now thankful for it. I rarely get pesos because at the supermarkets they ask you if you want to donate a few pesos to the Firefighters or some charity. That way those groups make a little money and they can give even change. A couple times I have said no so that I can bring a few pesos home, but normally Anna and I say yes.
So, hope that was interesting. If not, too bad!! :) No, really for me those kind of things are interesting. I like discovering cultural differences because it is fun to see how others live and it makes one reflect on his-her own culture. For example, now I like that little copper penny :).
Ok, well talk to you all later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment