Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I want a Bike...

Well, my bike was stolen maybe a year ago...don´t know. It was traumatizing enough that you think that I would be able to remember the exact date...but I don´t. It was really hard losing it but eventually I did get over it and pretty much moved on. Well, now I want a bike and feel rather discontent. Hmmm. Lame. Not that I can use one here, obviously. But, I think that because there isn´t much to do here as far as physical activity I have been thinking about a lot of the things that I used to do at home. Mountain biking was one of them. I do have my nearly brand new commuter bike at home and I am SOOOO excited to be able to jump back on that thing and ride all around town again once we are done here. Too bad that it will be Dec. when we get home. I´m hoping for a few of those freakish hot streaks that we always seem to get in winter in SLO. Like the one that happend the week BEFORE our wedding last year...yeah, I still remember that. Everyone said, "Oh, how wonderful, hopefully it will last till your wedding." I figured it wouldn´t...tried to be optimistic...and it rained. haha. It was a great day none the less.

Soooo, complete ramblings eh? We aren´t teaching classes this week and so I have some time to jump on the internet. It´s Chile´s Independance Day this week. So...any excuse to not teach and have a party Chile seems to jump on. haha. Love it! So, we are having a ton of activities this week. Fun stuff.

Anyways, in other news...I´m training for a marathon. I´m on like my 4th week on the schedule. Crazy stuff. I have always had "run a marathon" on my list of life goals. I have the time here to dedicate to it and sooooo....I´m a trainin´. If all goes as planned I will run in April the Big Sur Marathon (not sure why I decided on one so hard but...I did.) The marathon is super expensive though and so I can´t pay for it till we get home. If it fills up then I will run a different California one around the same time of year...there are a ton of them. Basically, I run three short runs a week and one long run. My schedule is Mon: 30 minutes, Tues: 45 minutes, Thur: 30 minutes, and Sat is my long run. The bulk of my miles will be added once I get home and can really measure what I´m running (I know the "feel" of up to about 8 miles....from my past running experience so that´s the most I will do here). Also, there is two weeks between the end of the program and when we come home where we will be traveling. I probably won´t run much then. So, yeah. It´s been nice running...although I´ve been running almost the whole time we´ve been here. It´s been nice to run with a purpose though. So, yeah. Thought I´d put it in the public realm. It´s accountability! haha. If I fail than I will be seen as a big weenie! haha. oh well.

Welp, that´s all for now! -Anna

3 comments:

  1. Keep asking me if I'm walking. I can't seem to get myself motivated to do anything and I have a great area to ride my bike, walk, or go down to the beach and walk or run. My knees hurt, but that's because I have gained some weight. Not good when I'm overweight already. Hope you do well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna - I know how you feel. I want a good many things. Most of them are not material things. I want better health and more energy and to be able to excercise with out it hurting to much. But mostly I want to SLEEP. Or I should say I want to be able to sleep. Oh it is driving me crazy. Last night I slept pretty good, but I really need 3 or 4 nights in a row to start feeling "normal" (as in not totally dead and a little crazy). I have this theory that it if I just had a new matress I would sleep better. Mine is very old and has a firm ridge down the middle. Last night your Dad worked, so I slept in the middle of the bed on that firm spot. Wow What a difference.

    Sooooo... I want a new matress. A firm matress. In fact I have already scrounged our "envelopes" for money Clothing is now -0- Christmas just lost $100 (hope you weren't wanting anything pricey) and my hair is going to have to just keep on growing as that envelope is now empty too. Not sure if I am going to take off now in my parents truck or wait to talk to your Dad when he gets up.

    I want that matress. Yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly...I think that a mattress does amazing things for the sleep. When we stayed in that amazing hotel in Valdivia the mattress was AMAZING. Jason and I both didn´t wak up even once until about 9am. I´m pretty sure it was the best night of sleep of my life. A mattress seems like one of those things that is worth the money. Sleep is just slightly important. hhaha

    ReplyDelete