Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday Went Something Like This...

First, there was no cleaning done. I mean Zip, Zero, Nada. Now, this probably isn't that big of a deal to some but for this lady who works full time...not much cleaning happens after 8 hours in the office. Thus, the weekend is a key time to clean. So, now that it's 7pm on Sunday...I'm slightly regretting this choice that I made. Hmmm. Oh well.

Well, anyways. Yesterday Jason was supposed to go kayak fishing. His partner in crime was not able to make it and so I volunteered to kayak out with him and have him fish while I messed around. I have kayaked a couple of times on lakes and rivers before. I have NEVER kayaked on the ocean...especially where you start from the beach and have to make it out passed the waves. The wind was howling and I didn't even realize that I was being pushed way down shore. Anyways, it was a struggle but it was invigorating and definitely a challenge. I felt good, I felt like I made it pretty far. The waves started getting a little bigger and a little more frequent though. I knew that I would be fine as long as I kept the kayak pointed out toward the ocean. I figured the only way I would flip is if the kayak became parallel to the waves. Well, it didn't take long before the wind, tides, and waves pushed me side ways and of course at that moment a wave broke on top of me and down I went. I lasted about 10 minutesout there, haha. AND I lost a pair of sunglasses. I was struggling to tread and try to flip my kayak back over when I realized my feet grazed what felt like sand. Seriously? There's no way. I paddled so hard...I felt like I was pushing it to the limit...I can STAND UP?!? Yep. Sure enough. haha. Oh well. Anyways, Jason made the call that it was way to windy and rough to go out. Another day, another time. Hopefully tomorrow! :) I feel like I need to conquer it now!

Then I volunteered to go pier fishing with Jas later that night (I'm such a good wife!). Because it was windy and cold I decided that it would be a good idea to wear a beanie and my hobo gloves. Yup. We weren't 5 minutes into fishing when I realized that I had some how hooked my beanie. I looked up at Jason and said, "Um...a little help." He of course thought that this was hilarious. Especially the fact that I was trying to take the hook out with the beanie still on my head. Can we say dumb blonde? Yes we can. So, he helped me out of the dilemma and we kept on fishing. It wasn't 5 MORE minutes when I realized that this time I had hooked both my sweatshirt AND my glove. The glove was hooked so badly that I had to quit because we needed to cut the barb off of the hook to get the glove off. So, I walked back to the car sheepishly...with my glove hanging from my pole. Jason pretty much laughed all the way to the car. You know, I can hold my weight in a lot of outdoor activities but I'm thinking fishing isn't one of them. haha. So, needless to say, I was a poor replacement for his normal fishing buddy. Oh well, I tried.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Anna, you ARE such a good wife. At least you tried and I'm sure Jason appreciated it and is still laughing. :) miss you guys and love you

    ReplyDelete