Friday, November 5, 2010

Bullet Post

Seriously, I love "bullet posts." I'm pretty sure I think in this way. No real, clear transition from one thought to another. Just thought. Thought. Thought. Anyways, so here are some of those thoughts for your reading enjoyment.

  • I have homemade pizza in the oven which is my go-to meal. It's somewhat fast and oh so good! Date Nite involves us staying in tonight. We already spent our date night money earlier in the week to get burritos so we could watch the last game of the world series on their big TV.
  • I have realized that the majority of our lives involve "waiting," waiting for SOMETHING always. So why are we all still so impatient? It seems like we'd be used to it by now.
  • The pizza will be done in 4 minutes! Yay!
  • I got a tip today. From this incredibly cute and stubborn old lady. She told me to get coffee with it...$10. haha. I told her $10 was too much for coffee. She told me to go get really good coffee. All that for changing out her nose pads. Nice.
  • Today we got a thermostat so that we can turn the heater on...when we eventually need it. I guess that's good but being I love the heat and heat is expensive...I'm afraid it may be too much of a temptation. Hefty heating bills are definitely no bueno.
  • It's now the next day....Saturday morning. I got tired of typing, wanted to eat my pizza...an then we watched Toy Story 3.
  • Jason is off getting the truck smogged. Is "smogged" an actual word? I'm a little nervous because the "check engine" light has come on a couple of times. We got it diagnosed and they said that it was most likely some dumb little gauge that is slowly failing. That dumb little gauge is about $200. The light always turns off though so we haven't done much about it. The guy told us how to reset it so it won't show up when we get it smogged (I guess it can read if the check engine light has come on). If it doesn't pass...we can't register it. Blah. Oh to have even just a "newish" car. I LOVE the truck though. It's named and everything so it will be a sad day when it has to be retired.
  • San Francisco is in general cold and damp. Especially where we live. Mold has become and issue and Jason FREAKS over it haha. Poor guy. SLO has no mold issues...it's nice and dry. The only real experience he has had with mold is doing demo in New Orleans which was mold to the 10th degree. Good gosh. SO MUCH and SO THICK from the floor to the ceiling. So, the slightest amount wigs him out. I have a little more experience being that we lived in North Carolina and it's nice and humid there. I still don't like it either way. Lame. It takes a fair amount of work to keep on it.
  • I am so excited for Thanksgiving. To go home and escape the big city. My parent's house is the epitome of escaping the city...about 20 minutes outside of a not so big city, nestled in the middle of 10 open acres. Nice. I'm ready for some good food, family time, and just to...relax.
  • I love bleach. Yep. It helps with mold. It also cleans my plastic shower curtain but most of all...it whitens my 15 white t-shirts and my white duvet cover for our down comforter. I love white. My favorite outfit involves comfy jeans, rainbow sandals, and a white tank top...or any white t-shirt for that matter. White is so crisp and clean...especially with the aid of bleach.
  • I've been playing the guitar more and I am hoping to take a guitar playing class at the local JC. I think I've hit the wall on what I can teach myself. I've also been playing worship for our small group (well, I've done it once). It's REALLY stretching for me. I'm not an on the spot performer. I like to make people laugh in an impromptu setting....no problem. But when it involves me being serious...I feel like that is way more vulnerable.
  • I am determined to do some deep cleaning today soooo...I'm off. Have a great weekend guys. Sleep in! Oh wait. Most of you guys probably have little kids. Hmmm. Welp, better you then me! hahahah. Ok, that was mean. Sorry. My deepest apologies! :0)

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree on the 'better you than me' for kids part. Better them than us! It is mean...but I enjoy my freedom! And posting in bullet points is pretty much the way I think too.

    ReplyDelete