Monday, August 22, 2011

Bullet Post

Every once in a while a "bullet post" is all I can muster.  Today is one of those days.  This allows me to throw up partial sentences/thoughts...which take a lot less thought...and time...which I like.  Here we gooooooo...

  • We have the cutest teenie baby tomatoes.  When I bought the plant I had no idea what the breed was.  Breed?  Is it called a breed?  Anyways, they are way smaller than cherry tomatoes.  I don't like cherry tomatoes in my salad unless they are cut up.  But the whole POINT of cherry tomatoes is to not cut them up...since they're so small.  The problem lies not in the flavor for me but the way they explode in your mouth when you eat them.  SICK.  I just can't take it.  These are smaller and don't do that.  Perfect for salads :)
  • Went to the gym on Sat.  Bliss.  I ran, I climbed.  I took a shower there and used their water (seriously, they have no idea to what degree I WILL get my moneys worth out of that place).  20 minute showers are in my future.  I am also sore.  And I totally and completely held back on purpose knowing that I would pay for it if I didn't.  I still paid for it but I think I will be recovered enough to go back again tomorrow.  
  • Yoga mats (still on the gym topic).  I'm in the market for a yoga mat but had NO idea that there are like 500 different one's to choose from...ranging from $10-$80.  I think I need a thicker one than normal though.  You see, I broke my tailbone...sometime at the latter end of high school (I think I know when but I'm not 100% sure).  I never went to the doctor though.  (I really wanted go to State for pole vaulting and I thought a doc might interfere with that).  Anyways, it grew/healed weird so that it sticks out a bit more that the average Joe's..or Jane's.  I was having lower back probs and I had an x-ray done my freshmen year of college.  That's when they told me.  haha.  So, my "tail" as Jason calls it starts to hurt if I sit on something hard for too long.  There you have it.  I have a tail.  Oh well.  Which yoga mat should I get? :)
  • I just thought I'd tell you that I can stick my fingers into a pot of boiling water and pull some spaghetti out to test it to see if it's done (if it's close to the top haha).  I know right?  I need to get out of the kitchen and do something worth while with my life. (Honestly I think it's because about 3 weeks ago I moved the shelf up in the broiler.  I store extra cookie sheets in there.  I used to be able to turn the oven on and then quickly pull out the cookie sheets.  They were hot but manageable.  Then I moved the shelf up, putting the cookie sheets quite close to the flame.  I forgot about that fact and grabbed that scalding sheet...that was probably about 400 degrees.  No more fingerprints.  haha.  Now I have calluses :)
  •  I'm making my own b-day cake and I'm a little excited about it.  :)
  • Jason starts school tomorrow.  I can't believe that the summer is over.  Wow.  It flew by.  I'm going to miss summer immensely. 
  • I want to play the guitar again.  I just can't gain the will power to practice the thing though.  So it sits in the corner of my living room.  :(  Poor lonely guitar
  • I love Lucy is totally funny.  We've been renting them from the library and I absolutely crack up.  I think I find it much more funny though than Jason does.  Not sure why?!  ;)
That's it.  I'm done.  I think I'll go watch I Love Lucy...or play the guitar...or dip my fingers into boiling water.  Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment