Monday, August 15, 2011

SLO Bound and Back.

Well, I haven't been able to figure out the "not able to comment" thing...oh well.  I can just have a "read only" blog.  :)

I changed the header thingy-ma-bob so maybe that will do the trick. 

Anyways, Jason and I did a quick spontaneous trip down south and it was GLOR.I.OUS.  Oh the warmth made me ever so happy.  These San Francisco summers...well, let's just say it how it is...they SUCK.  Constant gloom and doom with a light layer of mist to keep you damp and cold.  blah-o-blah.  I complain about the weather far too much BUT...if you think I'm a whiner it's because you've never lived in dreary ole' SF and you have no room to judge.  What now!?  :]  Ok, I'm done with my pity party.

SLO was mighty lovely on Sat but Creston on Sunday...?  SO warm I almost cried when it was time to start the drive home to San Franny...and Jason literally whined and threatened to throw a temper tantrum...because he wanted to keep swimming and enjoy the sun and heat.  We're really mature huh?  We ate icecream, drank southern sweet tea, and enjoyed the pool and my family immensely.  Ah!  So refreshing.

In other news.

I sold another bag yesterday.  Cool yo.  I was just going to let the etsy posts expire and probably not renew them again.  But selling one produces more money to make more...and since Jason is heading off to school again next week.  Looks like I'm back in the biz :)  Might as well! We also did some back-to-school shopping last weekend.  Can I just say Running Warehouse is amazing?  We got the same shoes Jason was planning on getting for $30 less than at other places.  Wow.  I was totally impressed. 

Also, got a HUGE bday/Christmas gift.  Tall Chestnut Ugg boots.  Like the real thing :).  Not fakeys.  I know right?  Remember that whole, "SF is the coldest place on earth and it makes me want to cry" rant.  Well, I think I'll whine less with these fantastically beautiful Ugg boots.  Just so you know...those stupid things NEVER go on sale.  Unless you're cool with neon pink sparkle Ugg boots.  Not I.  I like 'em tall, and brown.  Like the rest of the world.  And if you have the gall to even ASK a salesmen if Ugg boots ever go on sale they WILL look at you with a smug expression, mockingly laugh, and educate you on the fact that "the Ugg company produces less boots then there is a demand every year so that they can keep the prices high, and so no...they don't ever go on sale."  Ok, fine.  Just thought I'd ask.
So, I was spoiled this year.  yay.  I can say though that they will be used plenty...certainly not a waste.  I don't get to use them though until my b-day. poo.  Good thing it's actually some what warm today...or I might cheat and sneak them on when Jason's not looking.  :)

Alright folks.  I'm off.  Have a good week. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I couldn't comment until I signed out of my google account set up through my school. Weird. But have fun with your boots! Warm, comfy feet can make all the difference in your attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had time to visit family. I'm hoping to get up to SLO soon. It's been awhile and Edna has something she's holding for me, so we have to go get it. :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new boots. Uggs are the best!!! love you guys

    ReplyDelete