Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why is tomorrow Monday?

I should be going to bed buuuuut...here I am.

Where did the weekend go? Where does EVERY weekend go?

So, you remember that ridiculous food journey Jason and I embarked on. Yeah, the homemade own. The one that in the end In'N'Out won over the day and made us fail completely and miserably, not even making it to the 2 week mark. Well, we're unofficially back on it. I know. We're crazy. But here's the thing. The fruit of my labors were so beneficial that I hated going back to our old habits. I had more energy, I slept better, my errr..."digestion" was better. ;) The food tasted better. So we're slowly transitioning into making it more of a sustainable lifestyle. Homemade pasta...a go. Homemade chili made from canned beans once in a while...still okay. Not going to kill myself over it but we're going to keep it rolling. So that's that.

Exploring the gym option as of late. With a little extra income rolling on in from the J-Man...we're exploring some options for us to get off of our butts and get some movement going. Exercise has been a HUGE issue here. A.) I don't really love running in the city. People literally don't stop at all for pedestrians and I'm a trail runner to the core. Road running is not my thing. There is the rustic part of Golden Gate Park to run through buuuuut...not so sure how safe it is in the end to do alone, and it's not that long...and I'd have to drive there and SOME how find parking B.) The weather sucks in the summer...when the days are longer C.) The weather is great in the spring, fall, winter...but the days are short and so it's basically dark by the time I get home. Not safe to run in the dark. D.) Even if it WAS sunny, and beautiful, and lovely outside when I got home...it's really hard to make myself go once I'm HOME. There's always something to do...like lie on the couch and read. You know, priorities.

So, with Jason starting school it looks like I may be starting a gym. He has some evening classes and so I could go after work...or better yet...BEFORE work. It's a yoga/climbing gym. I know can it GET any more hippie? But, it's totally my thing and I'm pretty excited. They have awesome climbing walls (both boulder and belay) and yoga classes all through out the day. There's also a cardio/weight area like a typical gym. So, we'll see. Jason is going to check it out with me and if it looks bueno I think I may go for it. Jason wants to do some martial arts apparently. But, we have to save up for his and get a little creative with budgeting as his exercise endeavor is just a tad more pricey than mine :). I think we can pull it off though.

Ahhh. Exercise. How I've missed you.

And that's it.

Now, off to bed! Hope everyone have a great week! Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment