Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Endless Year

So, very weird but in like a week and a half or so I will be turning 25. Now, that´s not so weird in and of itself but I have to say that I actually had to subtract my year of birth from the year today to really believe that I´m only 25. The reason is becuase I feel like I turned 24 about 3 years ago. haha. I have no idea why...maybe just a TON happend in this one year. Way more than has ever happend in one year before for me. Another part is that Jason is 27. It´s weird to think that currently I´m 24 and he´s 27. He was only one grade older than me though in school. He was old for his grade and I was young for my grade. So, here is a quick shot of this last year...
  • I turned 24 years old :)
  • Became engaged a week or so later
  • Lived in my Studio until my lease was up. Then moved in with the Jeffrey´s until the wedding. I have moved WAY too much in the last two years.
  • Not long after was "let go" aka FIRED from my first full-time job!!! haha. That´s a hard one to swallow for sure.
  • Started working for LLD--and also the best two bosses EVER! :)
  • Decided to do the Chile thing
  • We applied for Chile and got in.
  • Planned a wedding
  • Got married!
  • Had a honeymoon
  • Packed ALL of our stuff and stored it at our parent´s houses
  • Moved to the Morro Bay Cottage a week after getting hitched
  • A month later or so moved out and packed the rest of our stuff in a crazy fury
  • The next day flew out of LAX for Chile.
  • Moved to Chile
  • Once again...MOVED into a another different house (in Chile of course)
  • Started a new job as an English teacher...in way over my head but like it that way!
  • Started learning a foreign language, a new way of life, a new culture...pretty much everything...NEW!
  • And soon...will be 25.

Man, what a jam-packed year. A great year though that is for garsh darn sure! :)

In other news we have been crazy busy down here in So-Hem! We should get a fatty sticker and put it on our rear window in the truck when we get home...you know, like Nor-Cal...but So-Hem (Southern Hemisphere). Yes, yes, I´m so clever! haha. Ok, maybe not. Anyways, we´ve been having dinners and BBQ´s with new people we´ve met, juggling school, and everything else. Jason has started playing soccer with his teacher´s at his school. I went to a soccer game yesterday where my girls at the school were playing for the championship! They got second. Sad. sad. They did great though. Tomorrow we are traveling to the beach and having lunch with a fellow volunteer and his family. I´m also going to teach his host-mom how to bake an apple pie! haha. Oh yeah, fun stuff. Anyways, that´s all for now.

P.S. Does anyone want to overnight me a bean, rice, and cheese burrito from Chili Pepper´s with an extra big portion of sour cream??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment