Monday, August 3, 2009

A Bathroom with a View

Hi Everyone!

Well, did you enjoy Anna´s post? I think that the last part of our vacation, Valdivia, was the best part. I think what made it so fun was 1) how interesting and beautiful Valdivia is and 2) staying at the fancy pants Hotel :). Anna mentioned that there was something I needed to tell you guys about that is in the Hotel and so that is what this blog post is all about. Ok, so the picture below you have already seen in Anna´s post which is a pic of the 5 star Hotel that we stayed at. EVERYTHING about his hotel was fancy and high tech. But, it seems that sometimes the creators of these luxery hotels get a little weird in their designs, trying to be too inovative and different. And that is what I found when I went to use the restroom up on the 12th floor of the hotel (called the Sky Bar).

Fancy Hotel we stayed in.

The 12th floor "Sky Bar and Restraunt".

The Restroom on the 12th floor´s Sky Bar where we had breakfast.
Ok, so what is different about this bathroom? Can you see that when you use this toilette you get a great view of the city? ;) Does that not seem weird?! Well, for me this was a little creepy to use the bathroom and feel like I was on display. Maybe this is a little weird to blog about, but I thought it was hillarious that they would design the bathroom like this. I know that most likely nobody could see me way up on the 12th floor, but I guess the experience was too much like being a fish in a fishbowl. :)


Here was my view from the bathroom stall on that foggy morning. Kinda weird, huh?

Well, I hope that you guys found this architectural "ingenuity" as interesting as I did! Here´s too modern architecture! Haha.

5 comments:

  1. I feel on display just reading about it! That is so interesting. I sent the link to Gregg (my son-in-love) to see if he's seen this or see what he thinks of this. You are seeing so much and it sounds like learning a lot and having a lot of fun. Can't wait to see you guys again, when WE visit SLO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty crazy! They have a few bathrooms in Las Vegas that are like that. I can't think of the name of the one I've been to...I want to say that it's the lounge on top of Mandalay Bay hotel...Except that one is 30-something stories tall! And I also remember being at the Signature Room (at the John Hancock building in Chicago)& using the restroom at 95 stories high!!! No one can see you that high up, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. favorite post so far...thanks for keeping us all informed on the important and (not so important but just as interesting) things you guys are up to! still praying for you guys! and anna...cant wait to have you back at work!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to follow your adventures, Jason and Anna. We've got some letters for you - especially a good one from the IRS. Any suggestions on how to get them to you?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete