Monday, August 31, 2009

English Debates

Hi Everyone!

Wow, what a weekend! Anna and I had a full and fun weekend and really want to share some of the things that we did with you all (some of which are pics from a Chilean BBQ, Anna´s B-day Party, and our new pets). But, before we get into those things I wanted to make a quick post about the English Debates that I participated in. I don´t think that I mentioned it yet, but the past couple of months I have been helping my English co-Teacher put together and prep an English Debate Team. It was hard work and tiring trying to plan when we all could meet and practice (every student has a different schedule), but in the end it was a lot of fun and worth it. Plus, we got 1st place the first round and barely lost the second round (if we had won we would have gone on the the finals in Santiago!!!!). Anyways, here are a couple of pictures from two weeks ago when my team debated.

Here we all are from left to right: Flavio, me, Lorena (my co-teacher), Patricio (kneeling), Liliana, Bianca, Felipe, and Ninoska.

Here Ninoska is debating.


Here we are just after losing the second round. Lorena and I were bummed, but the kids were stoked to get 2nd place in our region for their first try at English Debates.
I have really enjoyed getting to know these students on a deeper basis (I have hundreds of students and it is hard enough just memmorizing their names). They are super smart, funny, and kind kids and it makes me realize how similar we all are despite different cultures and languages. I wish you all could meet these students and some of my other ones to see just what I mean, but that´s not possible. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys about one of the extra-curricular activities I have been involved in. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment