Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bored...Why not Post. Hey, where did the question mark go

So, the title is supposed to have a couple of question marks but surprise, surprise...this keyboard is different from the others that I have used and though there is in fact a question mark on the keyboard...it doesn't work. hmmmm. So, I will try not to ask any questions. hehe.

So, guess what! I have only 10 days of teaching left...only 10 more school days. Super weird and also a bit exciting AND also a bit sad. I have moved once in my life...from North Carolina to California. As a little 7th grader it kind of rocked my world and I was pretty certain that my life would end once I left behind all my friends. Well, it didn't. It's strange to think that very soon we will be saying goodbye to our Chilean friends, students, and co teachers (The dash symbol is also missing...haha). It was strange for my to realize at the age of 12 that I would probably never see those friends in NC again. It's even stranger and more "real" to realize that we probably won't ever see these people here again either. Jason and I have both agreed that it's kind of akward (I can never spell that word!) to say goodbye. I'm so the person who would rather say bye to a few friends and then duck out of a party rather than make a big shindig about it. There is talk of a few going away parties though and so we can't just "duck out of Chile"...not that we really want to of course. Hmm...things to think about. Also...being home seems like a weird dream that isn't REALLY going to happen. It's really hard to imagine being back.

In other news...we have a beach day coming up! Jason and I are traveling an hour on Saturday to Caldera (the local beach town). We are going to explore Caldera a little more, eat our weight in deep fried cheese empanadas, and then go down a few miles to another beach town called Bahia Iglesia...which basically looks like a place straight out of the Carribean...crystal clear water and white sand! Oh yeah! I'm goin' to get my tan on...um, well, you know...my red on which will eventually turn into a tan if it doesn't peel off first! haha. So, I'm a bit excited!

Anyways, that's about all for now. I'm going to go eat my banana before my class starts!!!

PS. Did you know that when you use blogspot in another country the spellcheck doesn't work. It really bugs me. So, I used to think that I was a good speller and then I started learning another language. I get the spelling mixed up of Span and Eng words all the time now. It's kinda pathetic. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment