Thursday, November 26, 2009

On The Road

Well folks, we are on the road again. And this time...we aren't just traveling. We are going home. Well, eventually. After a little traveling of course. On Tuesday night Jason and I got on the bus with the rest of the volunteers in our region. Jason's co-teacher and her husband saw us off. It was so sweet of them to come. I didn't really think about it but if they hadn't come we would have been the only one's with out a family seeing us off at the bus stop...since we didn't live with a host family. So, off we went. It was a great mix of emotions. We were a little excited at the idea of going home an moving on to something else but we were also pretty sad. Copiapo has been our home for the last 8 months. Jason and I have lived almost all of our married life together there. Yet, I'm ready. I'm ready to see friends and family and to just enjoy the USA. The problem though is that after a couple of weeks at home I may be ready to return to Chile! :) I guess we will see!!!

So now we are in Santiago until Sunday night. From here we will catch a bus and go to Pucon, spend a few days there and then go to Valparaiso. After Valpo we...COME HOME! So weird.

On another note...yesterday...I'm getting a little teary just thinking about it. Yesterday...I had a Starbucks Mocha. And it was beautiful. When Jason and I arrived in Santiago almost 9 months ago Jason REFUSED to let me have Starbucks. He said that I needed to "experience the culture of Chile"...or some nonsense like that! haha. Well, I have experienced the culture and now I'm allowed to once again indulge in Starbucks. Oh it was so wonderful. And I'm now going to go get another one! Ooooh, maybe they have peppermint so that I can have a peppermint mocha. THAT would be marvelous!!!! Ok, so that's a very mini, some what uniteresting update on what's up with us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ann, you crack me up. Hopefully we can see each other at Christmas?? I'll be there from the 16-3 of Jan.

    ReplyDelete