Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall is Here and a Bitty Bit of Random.

I am a rock star blogger right now. 

This is two in one week.  Much better than my one every two weeks or so.  Not too shabby don't ya know.

Morsel of wisdom for the day:
Rock climbing DOES in fact make you a better guitar player.  I know, I know, before I typed that you were totally just thinking, "Dude, there's no way rock climbing would make me a better guitar player."  But...it does folks.  I haven't played my guitar in oh...about 3 months.  I've been climbing again for...about 1 1/2 months.  Just picked my lonesome instrument up and I kid you not...I was better just now then when I was regularly playing 3 months ago.  I could nail out those bar codes like no one's biz...and my fingers just moved and moved without getting tired. Apparently hanging all your body weight by your fingertips from the tiniest little crevice does in fact do more than make your mama nervous.  I was thoroughly excited.  Who'da thunk.

I love crafts.

But the crafty, makey thing that I do not like is knitting/crocheting.  I CAN do it...but I use this loosely because what I CAN'T seem to do lately is finish anything.  I think that what is produced from the task is so cool.  Scarves, afghans, beanies, sweaters.  Amazing!  I've made about 20 beanies in my life, plenty of scarves, and 1 1/2 afghans.  (The 1/2 is my mom's that I still haven't finished from like 4 years ago...oops).  But that seems to be the extent of my lifelong knitting/crocheting fruit.  I have tried to make things.  Over and over and over.  I just can't finish anything though.  Poop.  For example, I really want a billed beanie.  I found the cutest pattern HERE  ---->  http://thepepperminttree.typepad.com/thepepperminttree/  (and the blog in general is dang cute)  I knitted 3 rows, made dinner, and now it sits on my couch.  I keep glancing back at it...wishing I had a dog that could eat it or something...anything to make it disappear.  But.  It's.still.there.  *Sigh*  Dumb beanie. 

And can you believe that it's practically mid-Oct?!?  I keep forgetting.  For some reason I feel like it's still August.  Def. not.  Why is my life going by so fast?

I made a fall leaf garland...out of felt.  Awe.  Cute.  Pinterest inspired me.  :) 

It's kinda cheezy and would be way cooler draped over a fireplace mantle but whatever.  It takes up space on our blank wall.

It makes it feel all festive and fall too.  Just like my super cool pumpkins from TJ's...which Jason called pointless because they are meant solely for decoration.  He kinda has a point.  :)  I like them anyways.  And yes.  I put my pumpkins on coasters.  What?  You don't?  Weirdos.

Anyways, I think this completes my Sunday blog post.  Now I shall get ready for tomorrow and play Donkey Kong on Wii.

Good times.

I will leave you with a couple of ever so random pictures.   GG Bridge and Jason's yummy fig pastry.

Driving while on the phone is illegal...but taking pictures is still fair game right?  This was really hard by the way!  It's what I drive by though on the way to the gym...it still makes me smile :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that fall garland... and would like to copy you. And I would like to have you come over and help me decorate. Amen.
    - This is Jenny, even though it says Travis.

    ReplyDelete