Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Weekend was...

GLOOOOOOORIOUS!

First, it was in the mid 80's, fantastically clear...all.weekend.long.

If that doesn't seal the deal for the perfect weekend, Jason's parents came into town yesterday morning and all we did since the time they arrived was eat.  Eat.Eat.Eat.  LOVE.

We decided to visit Sausalito yesterday which is a beautiful, small town with a heck of a lot of rich people living there.  I found my dream house by the way.  All wood, perched on a hill.  <3  We crossed over the Golden Gate bridge which never seems to get old (obviously I don't have to commute over the thing during the week) and played tourist. 

The view of SF form Sausalito...taken with our little point and shoot.  Sort of didn't do it justice.  :)


Lunch was a place called Avatar Cafe that I read about on Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/avatars-restaurant-sausalito.  It's, get this, Indian Mexican fusion.  I had the Punjabi Enchilada with Sweet Potato and it was out of this world.  The flavors were amazing.  It hit you in waves.  I picked up this hint of Mexican, than the curry, then the sweet potato.  I expressed to Jason how sometimes food just seems...boring.  Like sometimes I just crave something different.  Well, Avatar delivered it well and I would definitely go back in a heart beat.  AND let me tell you.  Their dessert is DA BOMB (oh yes, I said it).  So, first, the menu doesn't tell you what it is.  It literally says, "Picture the most decadent sweet thing in your mind and this is it."  Surprise factor is bueno in my book.  It was a cold dessert with a mango puree/syrup swirled on the plate.  On top of that was a slice of "gelato pie" but the waiter said the gelato had condensed milk in it to make it even creamier and lighter.  The "crust" was a layer of chocolate and the pie was topped with pistachios.  Oh heaven.  It was the perfect flavor, sweetness, texture. It had it all and I'm STILL thinking about it.  Ok, obsessing over it.  But really, you would too.  :)

Also, small worlds of small worlds, while sitting outside of a cafe sipping coffee we ran into a family from Grace Church in SLO.  WEIRD.  We yacked it up with them for a while, parted ways and crossed back over to SF. 

After Sausalito we took the parents to our local dumpling place that Jason and I love to visit.  I could eat there once a week.  Mmmm.  So yummy.  It's a total hole in the wall...as in someone converted their downstairs living room into a restaurant but we love it and its always fresh, and cheap. 

Also saw Moneyball last night.  Brad Pitt is OLD.  What happend?  Where did time go?  The movie was okay.  A little slow at times but I laughed a lot and it was interesting to learn about how the whole baseball drafting/trading thing works.
Jason's Fam

And....today ended with us taking the muni into downtown to meet some of Jason's extended family who live in the east bay.  That was super fun.  Isn't it funny though how fatiguing it is to be "on"?  Sometimes being social is tiring.  It was great to meet them though and Little Star Pizza did not disappoint :)  They do a mean deep dish pizza.

And now I'm done.  I'm going to go eat some leftovers and probably fast for the next two days.  Have a good week everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment